• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Persona86

Banned
Razor and brush are both Muhle, it's the R89 Grande :) and the soap is from Taylor of Old Bond Street.

Thanks brother, the razor I have now is Gillette fusion and it's causing spots. I read online that it's because of the multiple blades, they tuck on the hairs causing irritation.

Something like that R89 Grande looks perfect for me. :)

ramyeon

Thanks brother, the razor I have now is Gillette fusion and it's causing spots. I read online that it's because of the multiple blades, they tuck on the hairs causing irritation.

Something like that R89 Grande looks perfect for me. :)
Definitely check out the Wet Shaving OT if you're interested - lots of good info there.

Well, the last two pieces of my set came in (Stand and soap) so my first wet shaving set is complete! Can't wait to give this a go tomorrow morning as I have a late start and should be able to take my time. The soap smells heavenly, so much better than crappy shaving gel in a can smells.
Man, that's beautiful. I still need to get a stand for my razor and brush.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Never played the original as much as i should have. Traded the original towards this, to bring price down. Been playing Dark Arisen for a few hours now and i'm loving it.
Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures Three movies and a coaster.
Untouchable Been dying to see this for a while. Going to watch it tomorrow
sam_01540mzel.jpg

Untouchable is amazing French acting at its best hope you enjoy it.

My wife went to visit family in Japan and picked up a few of the remaining Bemani games I need. She also bought a 3DS for herself so I asked for Taiko no Tatsujin to complete my set.

U5zPwec.jpg

Had to go to the office yesterday so made the most of it and stopped by Forbidden Planet;

Can't wait for this to freeze so I can pop it in some vodka or something.
ZwNpfib.jpg

Great show I had meant to pick up on DVD, this jogged my memory so now looking on Amazon.
2D5GOUK.jpg

May the 4th treats;
wUDrh6e.jpg

4HRNqUi.jpg

ameratsu

$20 for the lot? Teach me your ways! I'd pay that for Chrono Trigger and Okami alone!

We were at a garage sale where my friend decided to buy a cheap storage cabinet. There were still items in the cabinet that nobody had yet seen that were being removed so my friend could buy it. I'm kind of lucky the homeowner was a bit lazy in this case. Once the homeowner picked out a pile of Wii/GC/DS games, i asked if they were for sale. They were -- I went through and selected 11 titles. I went up to pay and asked how much, she said $20. Paid and done. Basically right place at the right time.

I donated the game cases and manuals from Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Tales of Symphonia to a local used game shop that could probably make use of them.

Groof

First week of May has been filled with pick ups, but it'll probably end with the first week as well.
DSC00164.JPG

Me and my brother wanted to invest in a proper beard trimmer, so we split the cost of one. Wasn't too pricey and has many different heads. Detail shot:
DSC00291.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

Ordered these speakers because it has aux in. There's a constant buzzing coming from the left speaker however, and is constantly there even if they're or the computer is turned off... Don't know what to do about that. At least I got this with them:
DSC00166.JPG

DSC00325.JPG

Ordered this keyboard after seeing it in this thread. Feels real good and sturdy, really liking it so far!

Also not pictured: 1 year of PS+ after a deal I got about upgrading my 3 month sub and only pay the difference.

Sylver

Banned
Some PSN goods
Resident Evil - Revelations pre-order and One Piece + DLC (those two PSMobile games are free).
xzXtMmR.jpg

EHmhWYZ.jpg

Acidote

iS4CYck8jD69l.jpg

A pack with both sets of OAVs. Luckily they're on two discs so I can throw the second set to the trash bin.

icgdD7evztRio.jpg

Picked up for 10 € after that fps patch news.

I picked up this case last week, Fractal Design Node 605 and had posted the pics in the PC 2013 thread. Sharing here. Going to be adding a new modular PSU this week and looking at another GPU sometime within the next week or so.

fractal1.jpg

fractal3.jpg

fractal2v.jpg

Flek

Banned
Started off my wet shaving/safety razor collection.

jbzP60LRBPkXQ2.png

Muhle R89 Grande Razor
Muhle Pure Badger Brush
and a sampler pack of 50 blades (most not pictured).

Looking forward to getting my soap and stand in next Monday so I can try this beast out.

i have the exact same razor and use the derby blades too - they are freaking great - god choice!

This came in the mail today.

I usually won't drop this much on a figure (actually, it wasn't even that much. About 4000 yen total) unless it's a Masterpiece Transformer or something, but I just couldn't resist the D-Arts Charizard (and later on, Blastoise). Now I can't decide if I'm going to open it or not ._.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Rounding out the april pickups:

bargain bin at Toys R Us $15

Fair prices on these and I didn't already have these games on the Genesis, so I went for it. Now I have both Vectorman games for $3 each. :D The little mermaid game kinda sucks, but the rest are pretty good.

May pickups starting here:

A recent homebrew game for the Turbografx, playable on my PC Engine Duo. should be good!

Both $10 each. I overpayed a bit for the Little Nemo, but you can't win them all. Starfy was brand new at Fry's, good deal.

And my biggest recent purchase:

$350 soldering iron with hotswappable tips. I use one of these at work, they are an extremely reliable iron.

filipe

Went out with the girlfriend to find an N64 last night when she casually mentioned she had one and I could just have it, instead of spending money.

Two controllers, memory pack and Mario Kart 64 all in good condition. She says she also has Super Smash Bros. somewhere and will hunt it down. She's definitely a keeper.

Decided I needed a few more games. Unfortunately in my area it's hard to find N64 (or any "retro" games) unless off Kijiji. Especially hard to find them in good condition, but I'm happy with what I found. Going to definitely clean them up as best as I can.

Also grabbed Guacamelee and Soul Sacrifice on the weekend.

I stopped by the store just to look around. I ended up walking out with 3 things.

The box for Lunar is kinda ruffed up, but it doesn't look like the discs have ever even been played. They're immaculate.

lolmark

I haven't posted stuff in awhile. Here goes!!
2013-04-30%2017.58.25.jpg

Shout outs to Arcade Shock. Purchased at NCR and they helped me ship it to my house.

2013-05-05%2012.33.54-1.jpg

Now I know why everyone loves Tokyo Drift. RIP Han

2013-05-06%2019.23.54.jpg

The Q1, budget arcade stick from Qanba. Though the buttons and joystick are in-house Qanba made, they still feel extremely nice. Solid stick, despite being PS3 only.

2013-04-27%2019.06.55.jpg

New balltop and buttons for my arcade stick.

2013-05-06%2019.39.49.jpg

New bike!

Late April/early May have been super expensive. Time to save money again. D:

TxdoHawk

Patlabor: The Original OVA Series and Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee (aka Samurai Pizza Cats)

SPC! I need to grab this and the dub box set when it comes out.

Decided to get a camera for my travels later this summer, since a DSLR can be really impractical. I always heard about the NEX series but had no idea they were such well specced cameras.

So I decided to go with Sony, and not jump back into the M4/3 pool.

NEX-6
9Je7juI.jpg

Love me some NEX series, great choice.

Let's also just insert generic envy here for all the Galaxy S4 pickups. I've got my pre-order with VZW in the system, 5/30 is so far away...

AkIRA_22

Got my SteelSeries Sensei Raw Rubberised Black, pretty damn good mouse. I know it sounds odd, but the cable is insane, it's super robust, it feels like really thick gauge wire. Nice braiding too. It's very comfortable, and the rubberised soft touch coating is really nice in the hand, better than the similar coating on my old Razer.

My smartphone doesn't seem to want to take an uncorrupted picture. :/
So I'm just happy to write that I got me a cheap brand new Wipeout 2048 for my sweet Vita and as a huge fan of the PSP games, I'm happy. \o/

Accoun

I haven't posted stuff in awhile. Here goes!!
2013-05-06%2019.23.54.jpg

The Q1, budget arcade stick from Qanba. Though the buttons and joystick are in-house Qanba made, they still feel extremely nice. Solid stick, despite being PS3 only.

Wait! Is that... table-mounted? (at least it looks like that)
If so, does it work any good? I guess I'd be too afraid of damaging something - be it the clamps, the stick case or the table...

lolmark

Wait! Is that... table-mounted? (at least it looks like that)
If so, does it work any good? I guess I'd be too afraid of damaging something - be it the clamps, the stick case or the table...
Yeah it mounts to the table with a large plastic screw. It secures nicely, but don't tighten to hard otherwise stick won't be level (maybe put pressure down as you tighten to the table). The clamps are detachable and easy to remove/apply

Top Bottom