• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

nny

^To keep in line with the previous post (Super Famicom), it took some time to amass the points, but here it is:

DSC08514_zps6c77ad3b.jpg

I enjoyed the 3DS game, never tried the first one, so picked it up:

DSC08515_zps0beb3917.jpg

Had some spare iTunes credit and decided to subscribe. For $20 I can't go wrong (a local copy is $10 and is at least a month behind content wise). That and imported copies of the US edition are $17ish as they are "expressed" over.

Yes Boss!

Dogfish head good.

Kodiak bad, go with grizzly next time yo.

Yeah,

Grizzly way better and $2.25 vs $4 for Kodiak (I'm not in Cali and $7 a can, thank god). But it was Friday and they were out. The Aprihop was only $8.75 out the door.

Yes Boss!

How is Aprihop? Haven't tried it yet.

It was good, Festina Peche (EDIT!) I got a pint at the Brewery in Rehoboth a few weeks back. It is a Weisse (according to the site). I much prefer the Aprihop since it is stronger and IPA.

Since I've been in Germany for the last few years I've gotten sick of German beers. Happy to be back in the states and the east coast to see new stuff (spoiled with San Fran and So Cal, beer-wise). I also, got a sixer of Tweason'ale at the Brewery. Though, it wasn't that great. Having a fun time with the Dogfish, the Dale's, Victory and other stuff that I've missed in the last few years.

Aguirre

hQl9JrB.jpg

just 4 more jojo vols to go! gosh this has cost me a lot of bucks. $80 for one volume (vol6)! o.o ...theres one volume 6 on ebay right now for $200!!

XMpKkwJ.jpg

casiopea - platinum... smooth japan jazz fusion. and marcos valle - estatica... bossa nova!

Hodders

Neo Member
Secondhand amp to replace an old yammy av receiver that I was using for PC audio.

I forgot how much better sounding a dedicated stereo amp is over a receiver, completely destroys my old yammy receiver even at half the watts.

£60

Very nice sir, I run everything through a very similar Denon Stereo amp myself

Flek

Banned
a bialetti
iTg5BYU5TiNY7.png

a huge huge (a0) dieter rams poster showing his 10 design principles
ibbyMYb1GWgvl7.png

Offscreen Mag #3 #4 & #5 for review
iUlPzwKufkhLY.png

this 12 box of copics for review too
ibrvMzmp6BPyRb.png

and the 100 Yen arcade experience kickstarter thingy (movie + ost)
ilRrS67Sbmv3w.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This are my Pickups this month.

HOT! TiT is awesome, well done for choosing to pay premium to get it CiB, I hate loose carts eheh

For me, New CiB GBA games for my collection. Hopefully Shining Force has English language as well in it.
Also my new E-cigarette Joyetech eRoll. Went from 20 to 30 red Marlboro per day to 4 now. Hopefully I'll quit altogether within a couple of months, been smoking for 20 years... Ugh :/

PXdmRN8.jpg

Also grabbed these, U2 (not the SE tho) and MGS4 I had before, but sold them

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
Those are available to download if you look. He may have just bought some blu-ray cases and printed out the covers for them. I doubt they are legitimately available for purchase anywhere (maybe from a private user).

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Another weekend brings more thrift store finds:

$3 each. I never owned Sonic Spinball, was not much of a fan of it back in the day, but $3 aint bad and it's not actually a terrible game. I know nothing about Genji but I haven't seen it in a thrift store before, so we'll see about it.

Genji had an old Gamestop receipt in it, LOL.

So I decided to drive up to Marysville early this morning and visit the Boom City Swap Meet. I got a few good deals:

There was one video game vendor there and she had boxes full of stuff. She was a collector and kew the value of what she had, but hated dealing with Ebay. She said everything was negotiable, so I made an offer of $25 for the three games above and she accepted. Now I just need to get DKC 3 and I have the whole set.

I decided to take a look around the place to see what else I could find. There were a lot of vendors there, some had original star wars toys etc... but I couldn't afford everything. I DID find this though:

Batman Forever glass mugs! It was a McDonalds promotion back in '95. I bought 2 back in that summer and still use them. They are very sturdy. This guy sold me 5 for $4.

One of them is a Robin mug, which I did not have previously. The others are 3 Batmans and one Riddler.

I went back to the videogame retailer before I left and bought the above for $28 (what I had left). I was a little shocked to find out the Captain america game sells for around $20 on Ebay, too bad it's missing the instructions. She had other great things, like CIB Boogerman (genesis) and Golden Axe 2, but I can't buy everything.

My wallet hurts after this week. I could have spent so much more there, but I need to eat every once in a while.

MarkusRJR

Donkey Kong Country 3DS, Just picked this up

LsU2J9A.jpg

Out may 24th i think

Y1UeiS3.jpg

99IqFx2.jpg

Never played wii version so i am looking forward to it.
Wait, did a retailer leak or did you get a press copy or something? If it's the former, what do you think of it so far? I pre-ordered but I heard a few remarks about "poor" controls. How are they?

I bought it off someone who apparently won it in some event held today, They had no need for it.

So i bought it, Is there some problem if i post a pic of the controls layout?

MarkusRJR

I bought it off someone who apparently won it in some event held today, They had no need for it.

So i bought it, Is there some problem if i post a pic of the controls layout?
Wow that is some good luck. I don't think there's any problems because you aren't under any NDAs or anything. What do you think of the game so far?

qp9lG7s.jpg

c7wZxN0.jpg

I do see how "Run" could have been "Y" instead, But the game is great and the 3DS keeps getting better and better.

I traded my old beat up original 3DS for credit and got this for 130 as a gift for a friend who can't buy one.

rOJo2V4.jpg

Purchased a vita for $120 with only a 4gb memory card.

Nothing besides the handheld and that, Previous owner deactivated it and it is a great deal because it's only $120. (low price)

Condition 9/10

4VFEw1s.jpg

it had a screen protector but i removed that immediately, i don't need those as i take care of my stuff.

I bought rayman for 14.99 and sf x tekken for 19

I just got a white one but have not taken pics of it, This was too low to pass up on.

Another weekend brings more thrift store finds:

I decided to take a look around the place to see what else I could find. There were a lot of vendors there, some had original star wars toys etc... but I couldn't afford everything. I DID find this though:

Batman Forever glass mugs! It was a McDonalds promotion back in '95. I bought 2 back in that summer and still use them. They are very sturdy. This guy sold me 5 for $4.

One of them is a Robin mug, which I did not have previously. The others are 3 Batmans and one Riddler.

I still have mine I can't remember how many or which ones I have. Great find! :D

VanWinkle

Nothing besides the handheld and that, Previous owner deactivated it and it is a great deal because it's only $120. (low price)

Condition 9/10

4VFEw1s.jpg

it had a screen protector but i removed that immediately, i don't need those as i take care of my stuff.

I just got a white one but have not taken pics of it, This was too low to pass up on.

Man, that's a great deal. What do you think of it so far?

Edit: just saw that you already had one, but you just got it so the question stands, lol.

Condition 9/10

4VFEw1s.jpg

Awesome find. I'm debating getting one right now too.

Top Bottom