• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Good call, ordered :) Should save me some money in the long run considering 2 packs of compressed air are like $10 these days.
Oh, most definitely. I got mine back in March and I've been extremely impressed by how well it dusts. The only drawbacks are that it's loud (can't use it too early or too late in case of neighbors) and you have to do it outside, otherwise you'll have dust everywhere in your house, haha. It's damn good at what it does, though! Very good.

Hope you enjoy it.

Shady859

This week and last are pictured. Expensive to be fan of shooters right now although BF4 360 will be sold. CoD I need 2 because only 1 friend I play with is going next gen.

Behind game is my just paid off PS4 pre-order. Feels good. :)

xg4p.JPG

Edit: yea yea buy 2 get 1 free at Target next week but I had $200 Gamestop credit from trading in my old iPhone 4. Still will probably return PS4 version..

2d0x.jpg

Had to bump my PS3 and Xbox 360 off my 5 port HDMI switch to make room for next gen. This mini one seems to work fine enough till Yamaha updates their AVRs with HDMI 2.0 so I can get a new AVR with enough ports so I dont need a switch.

8atk.jpg

Just might end up being the only box game I buy for the PS4, going all digital this gen after this. I just don't trust Sony to be able to keep the downloads fast on launch night.

RkOwnage

Extremely LTTP on these pickups, some more recent than others, but this is what I've picked up not including movies which I'll post later.

Also downsized on my Bluray collection as I had a bunch of ones I simply didn't watch anymore. Went from about 580 down to about 325 ....on a side note I have every movie I intend to buy through 2014 paid off...or the credit to do so. :D

ev0

Had to bump my PS3 and Xbox 360 off my 5 port HDMI switch to make room for next gen. This mini one seems to work fine enough till Yamaha updates their AVRs with HDMI 2.0 so I can get a new AVR with enough ports so I dont need a switch.

I just bought these myself! (5x1 switch though). I have a question. I did some research but was never able to find a clear answer, but there's no problems using the redmere cables with a switch? I know monoprice recommends using 24awg (which I have and am replacing most with redmeres), but do you recommend replacing the default cables that come with the consoles as well? (My wii U and 360 specifically. Gonna have to see about PS4 as well) Thanks!

Rich!

crossposting from the mega drive thread:

yessss, it arrived! And I'm amazed - considering it was only £20 on ebay with free shipping, I assumed it was just the base console on it's own (listing was literally for the 50/60hz and region modded console by itself, no indication otherwise). BUT NO!

Boxed! And inside there's a 3 button pad in mint condition, a decent RGB cable/AC adapter and a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 1!

(I know that's Sonic 2, I already had it)

Looks superb on my TV. Like, it's no different to an emulator. I'm impressed.

I think I got a good deal here.

crossposting from the mega drive thread:

yessss, it arrived! And I'm amazed - considering it was only £20 on ebay with free shipping, I assumed it was just the base console on it's own (listing was literally for the 50/60hz and region modded console by itself, no indication otherwise). BUT NO!

Boxed! And inside there's a 3 button pad in mint condition, a decent RGB cable/AC adapter and a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 1!

(I know that's Sonic 2, I already had it)

Looks superb on my TV. Like, it's no different to an emulator. I'm impressed.

I think I got a good deal here.

Nice one, I'm probably going to look to grab a Mega Drive when I get the chance, currently trying to find a decent TV cabinet for my current consoles. PS3, N64, Wii, WiiU, Gamecube, Dreamcast and Saturn. With the PS4 to come too. Just can't find enough shelves!

Akiba's Trip 2 (PS3) - with unexpected bonus item! (Pajama DLC, lol)

BYeDqxJCIAAbait.jpg:large

BYeD3hDCUAALo60.jpg:large

Mitchie M feat. Hatsune Miku - Greatest Idol CDs (Regular & Limited Editions) [Mikudayo is a previous pickup!]

BYeCjJxCcAEV2PU.jpg:large

BYeCw_ACMAAa8hl.jpg:large

So many other pickups but no time to photograph them at the moment - the above are just today's arrivals! Will try and check in with more soon :)

Dr Dogg

Well more madness...
zfhLbtDl.jpg

With a nice Haribo bonus I wasn't expecting.

Though I'm still waiting on Amazon to dispatch my order from the end of last week. I swear I've been treated like a leper since I canceled my Prime sub.

Picked up a 9 ft usb extension cable. EX troopers for the ps3, and heavenly guardian for the wii, which I'm sure is terrible as it was $3 brand new.

3383654a.jpg

Also picked up some clothes from from asos's website that were on clearance

3383654b.jpg

KillGore

Great pick ups guys, now I'm just waiting to see who's the first gaffer to post a PS4 bought early so I can die of jealousy

I just bought these myself! (5x1 switch though). I have a question. I did some research but was never able to find a clear answer, but there's no problems using the redmere cables with a switch? I know monoprice recommends using 24awg (which I have and am replacing most with redmeres), but do you recommend replacing the default cables that come with the consoles as well? (My wii U and 360 specifically. Gonna have to see about PS4 as well) Thanks!

The Redmere cables work fine both switches. Just assume Redmere is a 24awg or better since the thicker cable is longer runs anyways I'm not sure why they say that for a powered switch. Before my Redmere change my HDMI cables where cheapo 30 something awg and they worked fine with my switch but they where only 3 feet long. All my stuff is now Redmere on both switches and it works fine. My only kinda issue is on the 2x switch, it auto senses input and switches to it. So with if im playing Xbox and my PS3 turns on to update it will switch inputs on me.

dubq

Finally, it happened!

945476_227168510778450_1593505349_n.jpg

From my humble beginnings as a tired iPhone user who couldn't take any more.. pleading to GAF for help on how to defect to the Android side. My day has come. ;)

Getting used to the OS so far, and hangouts/sms, but I LOVE IT. Such a slick and snappy overall package inside and out.

Also, today brought me:

1391972_227225577439410_1591926978_n.jpg

Just need the console! :p

Gamble

Just got my Nexus 5! Seems decent so far, seriously amazing screen and snappy response.

DSC_0258_zpsf0e97850.jpg

DSC_0259_zps84c24d86.jpg

DSC_0260_zpse1540c94.jpg

Trying to hold off on ordering one of these since my upgrade for tmobiles jump program is only a few months away.....stupid 6 month waiting period.....

ev0

The Redmere cables work fine both switches. Just assume Redmere is a 24awg or better since the thicker cable is longer runs anyways I'm not sure why they say that for a powered switch. Before my Redmere change my HDMI cables where cheapo 30 something awg and they worked fine with my switch but they where only 3 feet long. All my stuff is now Redmere on both switches and it works fine. My only kinda issue is on the 2x switch, it auto senses input and switches to it. So with if im playing Xbox and my PS3 turns on to update it will switch inputs on me.

Cool, thanks for the info! My runs really arent that long, but the area is cramped and changing to the more pliable redmeres will make it much easier to get around as I'm trying to make room for new consoles and such.Hopefully my stuff arrives soon and I can start messing with it. Thanks again

Rich!

Amazing pick up. Congrats. The original model Mega Drive is one of the best looking consoles of all time IMO. Scoring a mint version in a good quality box is a rare thing indeed. I'm envious!

It's such a badass looking console. Just given it a bit of a clean and it seriously looks like it's brand new.

Amazing stuff

Bar81

it does rest on the bottom of the back and the bottom of the camera ring, it's rock solid though. It should prevent scratches on the back.

Nexus5Rest_zpsa103e1b6.jpg

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it didn't rock side to side when sitting on the table.

dubq

First pick up post. Sorry for the shitty quality.

I'm so ready for my PS4!

/edit: I edited out the serial number because I'm paranoid... >_>

Nice! Let me know how it goes as this is the one I am eyeing to put into my PS4, eventually.

enewtabie

Picked up a few games with much more coming this month. Also needed a better sight for my rifle before the end of the month. EOtech are expensive so I tried out the Sightmark Holographic Reflex sight. I'm just waiting on a 5x magnifier to add to it.

Here are some of my pick-ups for the month so far -

My headphones broke.. and amazon gave me the option of getting a full refund and sending them back or keeping them and getting a partial refund, so I decided to send them back for a full refund so I could spend the money on a new pair of headphones. (Amazed by amazon's service.. I bought them back in March but they still took care of me)

Got the new headphones, was pretty happy with them... but it made me start wondering whether or not my DAC/Amp was good enough.. so I picked up a new DAC and an Amp, too.

Got the Shure SRH1840 headphones and now I have a Schiit Audio Magni(amp) and Modi (DAC) combo to go with them.

Also picked up an iPad Air 64GB AT&T LTE earlier this month -

Top Bottom