• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
This reminds me. Years ago before it was rare and I was looking for a good platformer on GBA, I almost bought this new but didn't. One of those little things that drives me nuts.

In the past I've passed on ALMOST buying CIB copies of Fire 'N Ice and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne back when they were new. really regrets both those decisions.

Smokey

It has begun

jgHnhFg.jpg

All for the sweet total of $87 from Target. Did the B2GIF sale, and stacked the 30% off two games+ coupon on top of that.

Round II is on Tuesday!

Chorazin

Finally got my Veronica Mars shirt in the mail as part of the movie Kickstarter.

I couldn't find my OG Wii remote so those Mario and Luigi ones came out just in time. Hope to snag the Luigi soon.

I got mine the other day too, but went with the other version. Is yours paper thin too? That shit is basically see through in the right light!

Shrewder

Neo Member
RRr24yb.jpg

PS3: BF4 and already purchased the Digital upgrade.
PS4 Camera
Dual Shock 4
Cat cable
Killzone:Shadow Fall
1tb SSHD for PS4

jonno394

5122ff10-d80a-4002-ab6a-438eaf321312_zps0ca6767d.jpg

Rebought C:LOS as I got my arse handed to me last time around Chapter 8 and gave up but feel I need to finish it before part 2 comes out.

Smokey

Where is this coupon?

30% off two games or more. You need to buy two game items, and the coupon shows up every other transaction. I bought two $1 preorder cards (that I don't plan on using), and rang them up in two separate transactions. Has to be rang up at the front register, not in the electronics section. Got the coupon on the second transaction as expected. I then used that coupon to stack on top of the B2G1F Target deal. The coupon doesn't say anything about not redeemable with other offers:

Definitely a YMMV deal. Coupon wouldn't scan so the guy entered the amount of the discount manually. That's what those $5 entries are for.

Some more games for my backlog:
b1i0PnM.png

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (US 3DS)
Rune Factory 4 (US 3DS)

eYwBZ81.png

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (US PlayStation 3)

Caught up with a few games once I got a job related exam out of the way.

Happy to get both the Mario & Luigi remote and also got the one with Wii Party U so suddenly have many more than needed....

£250 Bonus Bonds from the quarterly outstanding performance awards at work. Redeemable at John Lewis among others.

Rich!

Crossposting from the RGB thread, because why the hell not.

I've been trying my hardest to get an exceptional retro image on my LCD, and so far I've failed. I'm unable to spend the money on something like a framemeister as I'm short on cash. I just want to relive the same experiences I did as a kid. The SCART on my LCD has nasty banding I noticed, and I thought VGA might help...but nah. No dice.

I do have a CRT upstairs which I was using, but it was a little bit small (14inch) and doesn't play nicely with 60hz (PAL optimized i guess). So I hit up gumtree (craigslist) earlier and found someone down the road near the chippy offering a 21" CRT for free.

I'm finally satisfied. No more screwing around. fuck it! This thing is as good as it's gonna get!

And it is fucking amazing. My crappy phone photo doesn't do it justice. Every single pixel is crystal clear. Pure colours, no banding. 60hz!!! And it's even the same size image as my LCD downstairs, seeing as playing in 4:3 native is the way to go.

good shit. I guess this area upstairs will be my retro corner!

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Two complete in box SNES games, Street Fighter 2 and Mario All-Stars. I was shocked when I saw them lying in the Goodwill DVD bin for $3 a piece. Even more shocked when I found they were all pretty much complete. The boxes are a little beat but good shape overall. Good day.

pShif8dl.jpg

Gameboy415

1311-Games5_zpsa0717b7d.jpg

-I finally replaced my copy of Halo 2, hooray! It was super-cheap and in like-new condition to boot.
I had the CE version at launch but I gave it to my friend (who is a HUGE Halo fan) last year when I cleared out all of my Steelbooks.
I found the novels for $0.89 each at Goodwill so I figured I'd give em a shot.

1311-Games4_zps5beca29e.jpg

-Gal Gun is from eBay and the other two I found at Disc Replay over the weekend.
I've been looking for Everblue 2 for ages (it was CIB & cheap, woo!)and I had Auto Modellista back in the day but apparently sold it at some point so I was more than happy to pay $3 to replace it.

1311-Games3_zpsb4661543.jpg

-Some retro goodies I found at Disc Replay and 2 Game Boy games from the local Flea Market.
I remembered renting and enjoying all 3 of the console games as a kid and with the exception of Rocky & Bullwinkle, they hold up pretty darn well!

1311-Misc1_zps649b4e5a.jpg

-I stopped by Half-Price Books today and was ecstatic to find the Masters of Horror Season 2 DVD set (the discs are in the skull)!
It's apparently been OOP for a while and seems to go for around ~$100 on eBay/Amazon but I got it for only $19.99 with my 50% off coupon! :D
The 3DSXL cradles are from Club Nintendo - I'm using the White one for my Blue XL and the Green one is for my Japanese Zelda 3DSLL that should arrive shortly after Christmas. :D

1311-Games3_zpsb4661543.jpg

-Some retro goodies I found at Disc Replay and 2 Game Boy games from the local Flea Market.
I remembered renting and enjoying all 3 of the console games as a kid and with the exception of Rocky & Bullwinkle, they hold up pretty darn well!

Holy crap, I remember wanting that Rocky & Bullwinkle game. It was on sale at our local Blockbuster and, while renting a game, I saw it. I was a huge fan of the show as a kid so I asked my Mom to get it for me with whatever birthday money I had. I think it was inexpensive too. She said not now. I was all sad so, a few days later, she went with me to get it but someone bought it. I was so devastated, haha.

sikkinixx

10771535703_62cab5474a_z.jpg

I'll really miss Dead Space, Dead Space 2 (both of which were in Humble Bundle Origin anyway) and my alternate copy of MW2.

Turned the CoD into the PS4 version at EB today while the other two will be this week. Less than $30 for three next-gen games is amazing really.

JEKKI

maaaan fukk the PS4... I cant afford that shyt!!

anybody here remember the PS2?!?!

I do.

and mine broke... :(

so I finally fixed it!! got a new laser and

1a613a2e4a8311e3a326128d1742166d_7.jpg

back in business!!!

KJA

My third Kickstarter purchase in the last two months:

VafqcUW.png

To be honest, I've was never a SEGA fan growing up. I've always been a Nintendo nut my whole life, until the first time I played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on my Wii.

It completely blew my mind, coming from a person who lived and breathed around NES games from the day that he was born. The colors, the speed and not to mention the attitude. It was amazing.

jakeumms

Skeletonwitch - Serpents Unleashed vinyl, 7" boxset and t-shirt.

ibvujtxHa3sluv.png

Ooh I was just listening to this album. It's my favorite since Beyond the Permafrost. What comes in the 7 inch boxset?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
It's like Christmas - all the Vita stuff was free thanks to Sony and Futureshop.

PS Vita:
GM09YIS.jpg

Steam:
jZjKqlF.jpg

Currently playing through BG1 EE to get a character ready to import.

oxidax

dMPwAo0l.jpg

Also completely upgraded my computer. Sorry i didn't take pictures of these stuff before installing them :/

Z2DEJT8l.jpg

Corsair AF140
jtg21oP.jpg

Corsair SP120
OvHI1AU.jpg

Quake1028

Here are some of my pick-ups for the month so far -

My headphones broke.. and amazon gave me the option of getting a full refund and sending them back or keeping them and getting a partial refund, so I decided to send them back for a full refund so I could spend the money on a new pair of headphones. (Amazed by amazon's service.. I bought them back in March but they still took care of me)

Got the new headphones, was pretty happy with them... but it made me start wondering whether or not my DAC/Amp was good enough.. so I picked up a new DAC and an Amp, too.

Got the Shure SRH1840 headphones and now I have a Schiit Audio Magni(amp) and Modi (DAC) combo to go with them.

Also picked up an iPad Air 64GB AT&T LTE earlier this month -

Great Schiit!!

meppi

My third Kickstarter purchase in the last two months:

VafqcUW.png

To be honest, I've was never a SEGA fan growing up. I've always been a Nintendo nut my whole life, until the first time I played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on my Wii.

It completely blew my mind, coming from a person who lived and breathed around NES games from the day that he was born. The colors, the speed and not to mention the attitude. It was amazing.

Thanks for posting this! Had no idea it existed. If there's a thread about this, I completely missed it.
Love backing great projects such as this. :)

dubq

I'm on it!

codbf4_zpsc3fbc1a6.jpg

I've got the PS3 versions for now and will upgrade with PS4 drops this week. So far, enjoying BF4 more.. but the Extincion Mode in COD Ghosts is pretty damn fun. I think I might like it more than zombies since it's more objective based.

I've been debating jumping on those Ghibli releases.. but individually it's going to cost quite a pretty penny. Have there been any rumblings of a box set/collection at some point?

MadD4mon

First post in this thread, been lurking here for a while now. November is quite a big (and expensive) month for me.

Picked up my bachelor's certificate today.

dsc02696lfur5.jpg

Also, a lot of stuff for my new PC.

dsc02694yiuwe.jpg

And of course, a lot of PS4 related stuff I have not yet pictured because I will have to wait two more weeks until I can get my hands on next-gen glory.

Top Bottom