• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

First post in this thread, been lurking here for a while now. November is quite a big (and expensive) month for me.

Picked up my bachelor's certificate today.

dsc02696lfur5.jpg

Congrats!

I somehow didn't notice BMO on first viewing :eek: So awesome! How is the 3ds game?

Welcome to GAF! :)

Thank you :) , well I like it , a big homge to classic nintendo and as an awesome soundtrack but it's really simplistic non of the gaming mechanic are really flashed out (combat,equipment,power-ups) so could have been a lot better I would love a more realized sequel.but the new game looks cool.

scojitsu

You picked the best Final Fantasy of that generation. RE2+3 are great games as well.

To be honest here, it came with the package but if I had to choose it would have been FFVIII.
PS1 with 18 games including Time Crisis all for $64. Pretty happy with this pick up.

Dr Dogg

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I'd rather had the other cooler I had ordered instead of the shitty back up psu.

FR67kjXl.jpg

but hold on...

NOOOOOOOO!!! I ordered a D14 for a 1155 socket. And after a weeks wait. Thankfully before getting on the phone all angry I noticed this.

Dear customer. Due to an unexpected logistical bottleneck, we're facing a shortage of the standard NH-D14 (for LGA115x, LGA1366, LGA775 and AMD). As we've still got sufficient stock of the NH_D14 SE2011 version for LGA2011, we provide you with this version and include the standard versions mounting hardware for LGA115x, LGA1366, LGA775 and AMD. This means that with this box, you'll get the PWM fans of SE2011 version. We apologize for the confusion and the ad hoc packaging, but we hope that you find this solution acceptable given that it can be seen as free mounting and fan upgrade over the standard D14 version you ordered.

Well that's a certain score. Don't know it that covers the majority of vendors but I did order direct from Noctua via amazon.co.uk

On a unrelated note just gutted my 480 out of my old rig and replaced it with old 9800GT and can't believe how quiet it is now. Guess I got used to the aircraft like 480 fan over the years.

maskrider

I've been debating jumping on those Ghibli releases.. but individually it's going to cost quite a pretty penny. Have there been any rumblings of a box set/collection at some point?

Didn't notice anything like a BD-BOX so far, I have had the whole Ghibli DVD collection, I am only buying the ones that I think worth collecting, e.g. Laputa/Nausicaa/Porco Rosso.

And for sure the coming Mononoke Hime (my favourite) on Dec/4.

LifEndz

It has begun

All for the sweet total of $87 from Target. Did the B2GIF sale, and stacked the 30% off two games+ coupon on top of that.

Round II is on Tuesday!

That extra 30% is tempting. I'm going to have to stop by Target and see if I can get that coupon somehow.

It has begun

All for the sweet total of $87 from Target. Did the B2GIF sale, and stacked the 30% off two games+ coupon on top of that.

Round II is on Tuesday!

Your target is already selling PS4 games? I was there to today to do the same deal, I was able to get the 30% off coupon but they only had Ghost, so I'll wait till Friday

I_Am_CC

Target B2G1:
ibGFOyrr6Xgfa.png

Birthday vinyl from the girlfriend:
ibRSfrQT5C5Zf.png

Ooh I was just listening to this album. It's my favorite since Beyond the Permafrost. What comes in the 7 inch boxset?

icTKXbYnUWj7b.png

ibcOBoSMXoAoJQ.png

iinxPsjskYGW3.png

Limited to 300 pieces and housed in a foil-stamped two-piece box, the "Serpents Unleashed" collector's edition box set delivers the album as six 7-inch singles, plus an exclusive live version of new song "Burned From Bone" on side 12. When laid out next to each other, the six full-color glue pocket jackets form the album cover. Box set also includes a download card, a sticker featuring the album's cover art and a custom Skeletonwitch 45 rpm adapter.

Looks to be sold out now.

I have 3 digital download codes for this album if anyone wants one, PM.

HardRojo

Some picks from October and November.

First some PS3 games I wanted to get:

Pokémon came out and I just had to get a 3DS for this, fortunately I was able to score a Black 3DS XL here in Peru, I didn't like the other XL models and the Pokemon ones hadn't come out here yet so this was the best choice I could get, I decided to go with Pokemon Y and also grabbed Arkham Origins... I grabbed both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on week 1 so getting Arkham Origins on the 26th (1 day after release) was a no brainer for me, I already beat the game, I think it's the lesser of the trilogy but it's still a good game.

And my Vita finally arrived! I'm still getting used to it, just updated the OS and will be playing Rayman Origins on it soon, the screen looks great. The extra Origins copy is for a friend. I decided to go with 16 GB since I'm not really one for digital games and I figured the 64 GB card would not come stateside any time soon so yeah, 16 GB seemed like the right amount.
Glad to join Vita GAF at last! :D

Next gen is just around the corner but I don't think I'll be getting a PS4 soon, most likely next year after Second Son releases, there's just so much stuff I still need to buy for my 3DS and Vita that neither Black Friday nor the Holiday season will be enough.

Shameless Reposting:

PS3 conntected to 55W900A on an Ollo TRC-64 with a Sony HT-CT660. Shorter HDMI cables, etc. are on the way from Monoprice, so I'll connect everything nicer tomorrow in anticipation of Friday. There's still quite a bit to play around with and I haven't had much time with the TV yet.

---
TV delivered this afternoon. Cart, soundbar, and bracket on Saturday morning.

Additional info, the cart was easy to build. It comes with everything you need to make it look like what it does on the website. All the supplied screws, nuts, washers, and other tools are in the box. I'm using a Bentley Mounts Universal Soundbar Bracket for the soundbar of course, and it works in getting attached to the cart. I needed to run to Home Deput to pickup some additional 8mm x 1.25 screws with the nuts to get the bracket attached more securely. Same with the sound bar, this time, 4mm x .7 nuts were needed to make sure it was secured to the cart. Based on the manual and promo photos, this kind of setup normal gets screwed in to the TV, a wall, or the available holes on the back of a TV. What I'm doing here isn't the normal setup, but so far so good.

Jacqli

While everyone is prepared for the upcoming generation, I just bought a game that I could never have in the past (I am European):
nVd40eul.jpg

I love Wario Ware. I would like to have a Wii u just for its Game & Wario and that 9-Volt minigame.

SnakeEyes

Banned
While everyone is prepared for the incoming generation, I just bought a game that I could never have in the past (I am European):
nVd40eul.jpg

I love Wario Ware. I would like to have a Wii u just for its Game & Wario and that 9-Volt minigame.
More than the game, I noticed you have an Evangelion can of UCC coffee in the background. Nice! :D

Jacqli

And you are going to hate me because I use that can to clean the paintbrushes when I paint miniatures... But I keep Asuka in my shelving!

Shady859

not pictured: new heavy duty ice scraper since I broke mine this morning on icy windows and Marshall Mathers LP 2 the other day from iTunes.

I just bought 3 PS4 games, dare me to drive?
Cross-post from Target b2g1f thread.

Zajora

I'd bought a Logitech Performance MX a week or so ago, but I decided to return it because of the terrible battery life and a few other reasons. Got the Marathon M705 instead:

iI9tMvX5W3VYA.jpg

studyguy

Picked up Long Live the Queen.
Surprisingly decent Princess Maker substitute till PM5's translation is done.

The game has a crapload of stats that get tested often and I died early on from not having enough reflexes to save me from an arrow. Welp.

Athreous

I'd bought a Logitech Performance MX a week or so ago, but I decided to return it because of the terrible battery life and a few other reasons. Got the Marathon M705 instead:

iI9tMvX5W3VYA.jpg

Omg, I have that mouse+keyboard , the mouse is so heavy >_<

Top Bottom