• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

sikkinixx

DkajPA7l.jpg

collected from the apple store this evening. : D

How's the screen looking? Mine is preparing for shipment, bloody Canada and no in store pick ups...

wNsFrnU.png

I bought another stick of RAM for my iMac. It only had 768MB so I bought it a 512MB stick to max it to 1GB.

Most of you have probably never seen the inside of a G4 so i took pictures.
XEho8Pl.png

This is how you open it up. The only access is through this panel on the bottom of the computer. Shiny! The four screws have these springs on them that allow them to back out of their holes but not pop out of the panel. It's really handy.

lXSYmL3.jpg

This is inside the access panel. The AirPort card and a user-accessable stick of laptop RAM are inside.

8ilvIMA.jpg

Once those are out, you have to remove the four Torx screws in the base. They aren't standard screws since the rest isn't meant to be user-accessable.

V6xpUFp.jpg

You pull the base off a-- DUSTY!
This is probably the first time it's ever actually been opened (it's a 10+ year old computer) so I grabbed a can of air duster and went outside for a good spraydown.

j1Vf2je.jpg

Better. Still a little dusty, but much better than before. Note the completely round motherboard! Apple does some crazy stuff. The DVD drive, Hard Drive, and case fan are located in the top of the dome.

TPolBZE.jpg

Out with the old...

DtiQq9w.jpg

In with the new.
This one's got twice as many chips on it.

mDXr5tI.jpg

Now to carefully pop it all back together.
You have to line it up correctly so that the IDE connector fits but since you can't guide it with your hands you sort of have to hope that it's correctly aligned.

IKstjnX.png

It works!

It's still slow and old, but it's certainly a bit snappier now that it's got more memory in it.

Thanks to my University giving me £1000 pound bursary I decided to buy myself a Nook HD+. I bought it mainly to read Graphic Novels, Manga and of course Netflix.

I also reflashed it with a real Android Rom, couldn't stand the Nook OS as I couldn't install my own APKs.

Also picked up these at Target while on holiday in Florida. Just gotta wait for the European release of the PS4, 2 more weeks. :(

Smokey

We ready. My Target haul. B2G1F sale + 30% off coupon which I stacked. Had to go to 4 different Targets to get em all. Started Sunday morning. 9 games for $255. A little more than half of the total Xbox One system price, which I canceled. PS4 camera to the left barely in the frame.

Based Target

ps. Just Dance is for my fiance!

We ready. My Target haul. B2G1F sale + 30% off coupon which I stacked. Had to go to 4 different Targets to get em all. 9 games for $255. A little more than half of the total Xbox One system price, which I canceled. PS4 camera to the left barely in the frame.

Based Target

ps. Just Dance is for my fiance!

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have NFS! That shit is damned rare in my area apparently ;(

sikkinixx

Thermal paste? It's a stick of RAM, not a new processor.
...unless you were making a joke

You need to apply thermal paste (compound whatever) where the heat is drawn from the CPU every time you open up the machine.

See page 13 of the Service Guide http://nicogala.free.fr/Mac/imac.flatpanel.pdf

Warning: Whenever the bottom housing is opened for service, you must do two things:
1.You must clean the original thermal film from the surfaces joining the thermal interface layer and reapply thermal paste to the thermal pipe.

CrovaxPSO

Killzone, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefield from Amazon's match of Target's deal. I had already bought Killzone so they sent me the B1G1 code and the other two arrived today. The Vita screen protectors were like $2 on Amazon as well so I grabbed a pack of those as backups. Not pictured: Bioshock Infinite Season Pass

I don't think this is the best place to ask, but anyone have a recommendation on a 24" (give or take) monitor that works well with the ps3 and I can buy from Amazon?

Recent Adds:

1452131_10101965674140124_322259175_n.jpg

The Conjuring, Man of Steel, Dino Crisis 2 Guide, Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia

1395938_10101959714353584_623822167_n.jpg

Kidrobot x Street Fighter Series 2

1393513_10101959739937314_1354880654_n.jpg

I got a Gouken! :D

Seik

Banned
Just came back from work and found this in the mail, I took a pic with it's original self, just because it feels right.

5Vgvxlt.jpg

Shady859

All of you guys crapping on chocolate covered potato chips are crazy. They're absolutely delicious.

I haven't seen them yet but I will buy a bag just to try lol I am a sucker for sweets

PS4 guy above won it from Taco Bell btw, he mentioned in another thread.

Tohsaka

The game is from the Walmart pricing error. They cancelled my order, refunded me and gave me the $10 gift card, so I was pretty surprised when I checked my mail and the game was there. I checked my bank statement and the charge is gone, so I'm seemingly up $70 if you factor in the cost of the game and free gift card.

Chips are from Target, you can find them in the Christmas candy section though they're on an endcap.

And yes, they are delicious if you've never had them before or think the concept is weird. It's basically sweet and salty - like chocolate covered pretzels or kettle corn.

Top Bottom