• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

-PXG-

Time for some patriotic warfare!!!

wolf.jpg

I HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

HardRojo

a8V0zIq.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

Yse2gbp.jpg

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

You had it easy, they're selling them for a totally reasonable price now, last year when I was hunting them they were still 30+ and used :(
That aside, you're in for a ride (unless you've already played them lol)

I don't know if they're reprints, but I got them for $19 each sealed from Amazon.

I checked their prices again a little earlier today and they're going as low as $11.50 sealed but I don't think it's through Amazon so you'll have to pay shipping.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Terrible pic - but picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate XL bundle (as well as another copy of the game on 3DS for the bf and a Wii U copy). Amazing, amazing game and the XL looks great in the solid black. I am completely addicted. Also picked up two CPP XL's for about $23 each - makes the system look completely ridiculous but it's a necessity, I think.

Found Cave Story 3D for $29 today - had been hunting around but saw its $70+ on eBay and other sites so this was a bit of a steal. Look forward to checking it out in 30 years when I stop playing MH3U.

jbu7ImuLsoeqSp.jpg

Squishy

Terrible pic - but picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate XL bundle (as well as another copy of the game on 3DS for the bf and a Wii U copy). Amazing, amazing game and the XL looks great in the solid black. I am completely addicted. Also picked up two CPP XL's for about $23 each - makes the system look completely ridiculous but it's a necessity, I think.

Found Cave Story 3D for $29 today - had been hunting around but saw its $70+ on eBay and other sites so this was a bit of a steal. Look forward to checking it out in 30 years when I stop playing MH3U.

jbu7ImuLsoeqSp.jpg

Where did you find Cave Story? I haven't been able to find it anywhere for less than $60.

PmjObUO.png

Until last Thursday I didn't knew, that Silver Linings Playbook was already out in the UK. Still preordered the US release.

J99VNIv.jpg

Bought a new 16 GB SDHC-Card for my US 3DS, so I could buy Luigi's Mansion from the Canadian eShop.

Machine

I had some old SNES games in a box in my basement. I decided to get them graded and just got them back.
28c8cce3-2401-4381-a6c5-4c2c6b09ee79_zps8bc5e36d.jpg

Also recently picked up this interesting book.
IMG_01441_zpsa1d59068.jpg

IMG_01481_zpsa04285a5.jpg

IMG_01471_zpsd1ea0a39.jpg

Vortex566

A couple of my April pickups. I'm hopeful they will keep me busy for a while. I'm spending too much money on games right now.

A picture I've had drawn for my wife's 30th birthday.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Last pickup. Didn't remember the game doesn't let you save and has passwords instead, bummer -_-
Great port btw.

ur6CnGZ.jpg

azFQcXq.jpg

Peeled off that awful Halifax sticker (pheeeew, didn't screw anything up lol):

Fg3pzLn.jpg

Running on GBA Micro:

tpAeCHW.jpg
4L8mMI2.jpg

So after reading good things about the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8, I decided I would give it a try. I really missed the IS on my old Canon 17-55mm 2.8 and hoped the Tamron could be a suitable replacement for my Canon L version. Especially since people were saying it was almost as sharp as the Mark II.

It definitely wasn't what I expected

BMGBjJP.jpg

pEsIzD9.jpg

It turned out to be a lot softer than my mark I Canon, and the VC could be pretty jarring sometimes when I would try to recompose the shot, so much so that it felt almost like I was getting motion sickness-- it's hard to explain. All in all I'm pretty disappointed and it seems I'll have to do without the IS/VC for the foreseeable future. Returned.

Also got a really small and cool flashlight for those dark times and to play with lighting a bit

84DtbtK.jpg

z1BIP4h.jpg

So after reading good things about the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8, I decided I would give it a try. I really missed the IS on my old Canon 17-55mm 2.8 and hoped the Tamron could be a suitable replacement for my Canon L version. Especially since people were saying it was almost as sharp as the Mark II.

It definitely wasn't what I expected

BMGBjJP.jpg

pEsIzD9.jpg

It turned out to be a lot softer than my mark I Canon, and the VC could be pretty jarring sometimes when I would try to recompose the shot, so much so that it felt almost like I was getting motion sickness-- it's hard to explain. All in all I'm pretty disappointed and it seems I'll have to do without the IS/VC for the foreseeable future. Returned.

Also got a really small and cool flashlight for those dark times and to play with lighting a bit

84DtbtK.jpg

z1BIP4h.jpg

The non-VC is the better version (edit: realized you weren't talking about Tamron 17-50, but Tamron's VC seems to be iffy at best in general so I guess it carry's to your lens as well.) . Funnily enough, I'm selling mine (17-50mm non vc) as I just bought the Canon 17-55mm as an upgrade.

The non-VC is the better version (edit: realized you weren't talking about Tamron 17-50, but Tamron's VC seems to be iffy at best in general so I guess it carry's to your lens as well.) . Funnily enough, I'm selling mine (17-50mm non vc) as I just bought the Canon 17-55mm as an upgrade.
Yea I was referring to the 24-70. The Canon 17-55 was by far my favorite lens, how are you liking it? I just with its full-frame counterpart also had IS. I was even looking at Tamron's 70-200 at one point, but I think I'll just wait until I can get the Canon version instead.

Yea I was referring to the 24-70. The Canon 17-55 was by far my favorite lens, how are you liking it? I just with its full-frame counterpart also had IS. I was even looking at Tamron's 70-200 at one point, but I think I'll just wait until I can get the Canon version instead.

I don't have it in hand yet. I'll be getting it Monday but I'm excited. Besides the dust issue, I've heard nothing but good things. I really need a lens that doesn't hunt for focus which was my only issue with the Tamron so hoping that plays out as well as expecting with the Canon.

Crazy-J

Banned

I use Nikon, but I had both the Tamron 17-55 2.8 and Tamron 70-200 2.8. For some strange reason, I would get these weird color streaks that would destroy my photos. I've since then upgraded to the Nikon D600, decided to pull the trigger on the Nikon 24-70 2.8. Couldn't be happier. Faster focus and sharper. Sold my Tamron and never going to get them again.

Just as Nathan said, the non VC version is better. But if you can get it, just stick to the Canon version, as it is superior in every aspect.

I use Nikon, but I had both the Tamron 17-55 2.8 and Tamron 70-200 2.8. For some strange reason, I would get these weird color streaks that would destroy my photos. I've since then upgraded to the Nikon D600, decided to pull the trigger on the Nikon 24-70 2.8. Couldn't be happier. Faster focus and sharper. Sold my Tamron and never going to get them again.

Just as Nathan said, the non VC version is better. But if you can get it, just stick to the Canon version, as it is superior in every aspect.

Yeah, the Tamron has been good to me but it was a stop-gap until I could afford the Canon. I did get it on recommendation from the Camera Equipment thread and appreciate the direction on it from them. Never noticed color streaks though. That would suck.

javac

Oh, wow, those are awesome. Where did you order them?

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I purchased them from UNIQLO.JP. They don't deliver outside of Japan so I had to use a special service to get them since I live in the UK. They were extremely limited however and I can't seem to find them now! That's a shame, but Eva shirts are always like that. If I ever catch sight of them I'll send you a message!

Also I got another pick-up! Fire Emblem: Awakening Original Soundtrack!

Accoun

Just bought a few comics:

8645714390_001aa964a4_b.jpg

How's Old Man Logan? I'm not really an X-Man fan, but there's a Marvel comics collection going on here. Out of curiosity I checked the supposed list with synopses of featured stories and I kinda liked this one. Will probably buy it when it gets out. But is it enjoyable if I haven't read hardly anything X-man related?

I don't have it in hand yet. I'll be getting it Monday but I'm excited. Besides the dust issue, I've heard nothing but good things. I really need a lens that doesn't hunt for focus which was my only issue with the Tamron so hoping that plays out as well as expecting with the Canon.
Oh ok. I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. It's tack sharp and relatively light and the focusing was great on my T3i too. I'm not aware of the dust issue. The only lens I've ever had that arrived with dust is my Sigma 50 1.4 that I just exchanged for a clean one.

Really? That does sound weird. I think I'm done with third party lenses for the moment though. Too many bad experiences.

Grief.exe

Picked up a few games in the past Month. The fantastic Gears game of course and some Nintendo goodness.

Did you hear about how broken and rushed that Walking Dead game is?

Just letting you know just in case you had no idea. You can probably pick it up in the bargin bin for a few bucks in a couple months.

enewtabie

Did you hear about how broken and rushed that Walking Dead game is?

Just letting you know just in case you had no idea. You can probably pick it up in the bargin bin for a few bucks in a couple months.

Oh yeah I know. I didn't have to pay for it and I like the show. It's not terrible.

Apenheul

What a month, and we're not even halfway yet.

photo-3.JPG

3DS
White 3DS XL + Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros 2
Starfox 3D

NES
Lolo 2
Smash TV

SNES
Populous
Pierre le Chef