• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

zmet

Vampire Sound Box

Soundtracks for Capcom's Vampire arcade games (plus the tracks from the Dreamcast and PS3/Xbox 360 releases) in one nice box.

The Last of Us Remastered, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Gurren Lagann Vol.2, and Guardians of the Galaxy

TheBIG

Banned
RX81e7v.jpg

A9F4F4N.jpg

6lgxfz7.jpg

FhhesY4.jpg

Recently I received a few original hand drawn sketches by Irrational Games' former lead concept artist Robb Waters. These sketches were directly used to create the plasmid training film in the original Bioshock.

xSzr0Vr.jpg

VZKXL3F.jpg

The final product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2KM4t-hXw

The game autographed by lead animator Grant Chang, music & sound director Keith Arem, and senior concept artist Robb Waters.

QrRJ6GV.jpg

Bioshock launch kit.

WN896cm.jpg

KODQInQ.jpg

...dem relevant music formats...

UXSSX4k.jpg

eaGZThP.jpg

k78MDgL.jpg

eUXeYqm.jpg

gJ5seKb.jpg

Alpha_eX

Where did you UK players import the Taiko controller from?

I'm super jealous.

EDIT: Just got one from Nippon-Yassan for £215... OUCH

Impotaku

Mine came from amazon japan using tenso as the shipping proxy about £140 and £60 to ship it by ems to the UK. Because i used tenso i could mark down the value so it never got busted for import tax.

Early December pickups:

A PlayStation TV and some food for it.

mT7Nb3H.jpg

A couple of loose Master System carts

jXPD3mh.jpg

Ys IV for the PC Engine

56WGgql.jpg

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl. Seems to be only going up in price nowadays so I picked it up before it runs OOP.
Also Persona Q + Tarot cards which completes the set of cards.

aNI88Ji.jpg

And finally Alien Hominid

Jp0MLgM.jpg

Armaly

I splurged on myself this holiday season.

PS4 GTA Black Friday Bundle

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Collector's Edition, Persona Q, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Mario Kart 7

Coolermaster 690 Advanced III Case to replace my Antec 302

Final Fantasy II PSP, Drakengard 3, and Kingdom Hearts 3DS

Sony Gold Wireless Headset

Infamous Second Son, Blue DualShock 4, and Far Cry 4

I'm not looking foward to the steam sale.

Gameboy415

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pickups:

oCXygSI.jpg

-I got all of these from Half-Price Books on Black Friday.

TC4Wwnk.jpg

-I got Bad Santa & the Blade Trilogy from Wal-Mart, Glee S4 & Paranorman from Amazon, and the others from Half-Price Books. Rare Exports is amazing!!

xz7hVkp.jpg

-I'm still planning to get DSII on PS4 next Spring, but I couldn't pass up this giant CE for $30! My Fire Stick from the $19 pre-order promo actually showed up on Black Friday.

ZjpukEc.jpg

-I finally got around to replacing the 360 I traded in earlier this year and grabbed the games super-cheap.

BmS5qES.jpg

-With the exception of AC: Rogue ($25), Black Ops II ($15), Xillia 2 ($16), and TMNT ($15), I got all of these games for $5-10 each from Target.

TixMmhw.jpg

-I got all of these games super-cheap from Best Buy, Target, & Amazon.

BFGsrjw.jpg

-I stocked up on eShop cards at Best Buy and got all of the games for $10-15 each.

Pickups from other random sales in December:

izJh8jz.jpg

-I found the top 4 books for 59 cents each at Goodwill and the guides in the bottom row were on clearance for $2 each at Half-Price Books.

vMp4c1M.jpg

-I got these nifty boxer sets from Target.

YGL4iw8.jpg

-I grabbed the Pikmin plush on sale at Target, found the R2D2 Simon game & Master Chief figure dirt cheap at Goodwill, and found the Wave 2 Amiibos at Gamestop.

KqhhJMj.jpg

-I got all of the Disney/Ghibli Blu-Rays & Avengers Confidential from Target, GotG from Amazon, Thor 3D from eBay, and the others on clearance at Half-Price Books.

5B3lsJX.jpg

-I got these PC games for 99 cents each at Goodwill.

QAPH1Yf.jpg

-I found the Atari Flashback for $5 and Frogger for 49 cents at Goodwill.

b45B3K6.jpg

-I found all of these accessories super-cheap at Goodwill and Half-Price Books.
I grabbed the Official Nintendo/Sony Component cables from Gamestop as backups because they're both becoming pretty hard to find.

nB2SQ7K.jpg

-I got both recently released Kingdom Hearts Limited Editions - can't wait for KHIII! :)

olAbr86.jpg

-I got the pre-owned games during Gamestop's 30% off sale and the new games from Amazon's recent sales.
I originally ordered P4A Ultimax when Amazon had it for $29.99 and it didn't come with the bonus items so I re-ordered it when it dropped to $24.99 (already sent back the $30 copy) and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up with the bonus stuff! :D

WYq4jOv.jpg

-I got all of the PS4 games between Best Buy's B2G1 and Amazon's recent sales. I got the pre-owned Vita games for 30% off at Gamestop.

z689GBJ.jpg

-I got Captain Toad and both NES Remix games from Best Buy and the other games for 30% off at Gamestop.

V29zA7G.jpg

-I got the Radical Dreamers repro on eBay, got the NES games at Half-Price Books (I've been looking for MM6 & Battetoads for years!), and all of the Game Boy stuff at Goodwill.
The Pink GBASP is an AGS-101 model. :)

Spare charger for my 3DS, love that it uses USB so it's one less plug have to bring with me when I travel:
b00e566b06164b5b616ed314aa765af9_zps88f4b4e1.jpg

New sweater for Christmas (was 30% off):
c61d9e90cd95cc96844b0dd1ec7e4bfc_zps2cccce4f.jpg

A book that has had a harrowing journey to me (it's taken over a month to sort it out with Amazon UK, but that's another story):
9a4d7aa8f09cc3c2f94f81d3dd252de9_zps9a0b2a9f.jpg

Although I do have a few pairs of Audio-Technicas and and old pair of Sennheisers, my inner hypebeast won... Plus, it was on sale when I got it at the Apple Store today:
8324b6a31087294691c7d05e7f62d9d0_zpsbdde7b4e.jpg

Have some more stuff coming this week...

Galdius

I expected a lot more things to arrive this month but they didn't. I may get a few more games this month but it won't be near as many as I wanted. Anyway, I got already those 3 games and 2 DS NFR carts:

9HEaKIs.jpg

I got the Medieval game because I needed a new case for my RE HD Remaster and this game was pretty cheap. Tony Hawk 3 N64 was a game that I wanted for a long time and I found a CIB one last month on ebay and it arrived this week. Earth Defense Force is one of my favorites series and I really wanted this one, it has just arrived, I will definitely play it on the weekend.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Tetris were two demos that I wanted to add to my collection and those two made me start thinking about getting into NFR collecting. Since I bought them, I have already bought more than 20 carts. Now those carts need to arrive but this won't happen until mid-January.

kizito

My purchases from these last months. Bought a lot of games digitally, so I don't have much to show, but still !
First, PS4 bought in Japan, in Osaka, used one for 30 000 yen, quite cheap !

Glad I bought it, I enjoy it, but can't wait for Bloodborne. ALready finished Killzone, Infamous, etc...

WiiU Love :

I keep on improving !

But as I said, I bought many games on PS Network, Nintendo Eshop, or Steam.
This includes : Danganronpa 2, Killzone Mercenary, Disgaea 4 (All on Vita).
Rayman Legends on WiiU, Assassin's Creed Unity (PC), Dark SOuls 2 (PC), etc...

Although I do have a few pairs of Audio-Technicas and and old pair of Sennheisers, my inner hypebeast won... Plus, it was on sale when I got it at the Apple Store today:
8324b6a31087294691c7d05e7f62d9d0_zpsbdde7b4e.jpg

I got a pair of Solo 2s (Red) last month also. I'm really impressed with how much of an improvement they are over the Solo HDs. They're way more comfortable, the bass has been toned down a bit for a better range of sound, and they have a much higher build quality.

I really dig that Whtie/Blue edition though. Great color scheme!

On the shelf, on the right, I can see a PlayStation game, a fat case. It says Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and something. What is it?

Wow, sharp-eyed. :)

That´s nothing special though: just a cardboard sleeve with 2 Konami games in it. One of them double packs: MGS Portable Ops + Silent Hill Origins.

spared

Coming from a HD-CRT most HDTV pictures I've seen have looked like crap compared to my HD-CRT, I'm actually satisfied with it, haven't even done any calibration on it yet, just hooked everything up, and set game-mode where its supposed to be.

I know the following picture might not be 100% accurate representation and so on and so forth but its the only one I have atm, temporary setup until I can get a new tv-bench for it.

Deviantartist is: http://magicnaanavi.deviantart.com

hMMM that stand... was it that massive Toshiba 34"? Looks a lot like the one I had. It was a great TV, NGC looked pretty cool on it back then.

spared

I picked up a lot of stuff these past couple weeks, a lot of it being Nintendo stuff. :D

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Add to this My download of WoW: WoD.

I got a pair of Solo 2s (Red) last month also. I'm really impressed with how much of an improvement they are over the Solo HDs. They're way more comfortable, the bass has been toned down a bit for a better range of sound, and they have a much higher build quality.

I really dig that Whtie/Blue edition though. Great color scheme!

I have to admit, I hated the look of the original Solos as they looked really cheap and am not too crazy about the price they command in general. Once the Solo 2s came out, I found myself liking the design more and were far more comfortable. Something about how the earcups sit on my ears is just right, though I prefer over-ear cups actually.

Due to these being a collaboration with Fragment, as well as wrestling with kinda wanting a pair to mess around with, I went with these. The headphones themselves are actually shiny silver (and attract fingerprints like crazy lol) but are then trimmed in white and have Fragment's iconic blue used for the text.

Here's a quick pic of them out of the box:
E2016D53-F429-404F-912B-DB8054CE6249_zpsbpenh75r.jpg

すばらしい! この本はすごいです!どのくらい 日本語を べんきょうしましたか?

Hey, hey, I know that Book Series :) Hello fellow "Japanese for Busy People" reader :) Been studying the first book for a good year now in the Japanese Class I attend. We start studying Book II next year. :) Do you read anything else on the side? The Genki text books perhaps?

10480146_10153391335824972_5436910727808523144_n.jpg

I finally got this little beauty in the Mail

Top Bottom