• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

1508618_10200138423539221_2326876080831634689_n.jpg

16783_10200128456130042_8282552809611640397_n.jpg

10383966_10200138587303315_1737758510053722478_n.jpg

JMTHEFOX

My first graphics tablet has arrived last night. I'm currently getting used to it, but the drivers worked perfectly for now.
iX1uO1v2XfDBK.JPG

Always regretted selling this thing, but now I can finally sleep easy. Hopefully now I can finally beat this damn game....

rM0PS9y.jpg

Space Channel 5 Press Kit

JKcnxXv.jpg

Q9rsYh7.jpg

A while back I had the pleasure of meeting the guys behind one of my favorite films(and game) of all time, Ghost in the Shell. This included Art Director/Key Animator Toshihiro Kawamoto, Animation Supervisor Kazuchika Kise, and CEO/Founder of Production I.G. Mitsuhisa Ishikawa.

0wf0kwv.jpg

Big "thank you" to the awesome folks at Gearbox Software

F7oG0lp.jpg

B6cx20A.jpg

...and here's a random Simpsons: The Game promo, because, why not...

d1b60707-99d8-4760-a45b-fa9a0ecc314d.jpg~original

hoserx

PIcked up a benq xl2420z 144hz screen to use for lan parties (yeah I know) and what not. Turns out it's great for console gaming, too. Still use my 30" hp zr30w as my main screen, but I use the 144hz benq for mutliplayer FPS games.

The benQ is the one in portrait mode on the left, obv :p

pl9irU4.jpg

eXistor

Finally arrived. Tbh, I'm a bit disappointed, I much rather have a big-box cardboard packaging than this cheap lunch-box.

OjCQutg.jpg

Also RCRDX for PS4.

Eu7bD9K.jpg

Malo

Banned
My pickups from the last two weeks. It took a couple weeks for the firetv stick to come (preordered through prime) in, but I finally got it. Also switching from android to iOS with the iPhone 6 wasn't as rough a transition as I thought it was going to be.

My pickups from the last two weeks. It took a couple weeks for the firetv stick to come (preordered through prime) in, but I finally got it.

Nice. I didn't want to wait the few weeks for Amazon to ship it to me and Best Buy was sold out. Luckily, there's an Amazon pop-up shop here in San Francisco, so I was able to just buy it from them directly.

Videos are great so now I'll try some music streaming tonight once I get home.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
December has been a pretty good month. I have a few more games than what's pictured, but I'm moving next week and most of my game collection is packed up.

RXVsNcY.jpg

Shrewder

Neo Member
Too many posts I would have to quote, so I'll just have to say that I see a lot of great items added to the thread.

pariah164

I got uninvited to Christmas with my family this year so I decided to treat myself. 2 more books are coming. :)
There's a story behind this, isn't there? I know this is not the thread for it, but now I'm insanely curious.

Back on topic, nice pickups. I love the Scott Pilgrim movie.

There's a story behind this, isn't there? I know this is not the thread for it, but now I'm insanely curious.

Back on topic, nice pickups. I love the Scott Pilgrim movie.

My ex-step dad assaulted my mom a year ago then poured gasoline on her. No match, but still. I haven't forgiven him, but my mom remarried him a few months ago so I should be over it according to her. Went to visit my birth father for the first time since I was 12, I'm turning 32 next month, and had a wonderful time. Met my little brothers for the very first time. Came home and mom was unamused that I could gush about a visit with birth dad and have no interest in dealing with step dad. So, uninvited.

I haven't seen it in forever, but it holds up really well. It's one of those movies I bought and let someone borrow and it never made it back.

BahamutPT

My first contribution to these threads :)

On the reading side of things, I am kinda into dystopian stuff ATM, thus both sagas.

In terms of Blu-Rays, Amazon UK Black Friday was great for me

December has been kinda slow software wise.
I did grab an Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle (already had a PS4 and Wii U) and some games, including a store specific LBP3 Extras Edition bundle which included both plushies. Also, I wasn't expecting a KH 2.5 Limited Edition (since they were out of stock and I ended up ordering a normal one), so I was very surprised when it arrived today :D

Got a GREAT deal on the Xbox One though. The store was offering 50% in store credit on every Game/Console/Toy purchase. Since this kind of promotions NEVER apply to consoles, I caved in.
The store credit had a VERY LIMITED range of use, however. I could basically use it for toys or clothing (sadly games were explicitly excluded :p).

So this is on what I ended up using that store credit

Finally, also got myself a birthday present (and yes, I'm currently addicted to LEGO Star Wars sets)

skyz23

Neo Member

New ASUS router! Was using an old dlink for more than 4 years.. alot of dc's and very crappy wifi signal.

Gift from a friend who went to Japan. Attack on Titan - Master Stars Piece The Levi

Such a dopey face :)

early small xmas gifts from friend. Desktop Pool & an official Major League baseball from America

Ipad air 2 64GB Gold. Was tossing up between nexus 9 and this.. decided to with ipad in the end, as I already have android phone, and wanted to try something different. I must admit I was a little disappointed. When i put a bit of pressure on the back of the ipad, it shows black spots on the screen. Did some research and found out most ppl have this problem. I decided not to return it, as its only in one vulnerable spot. Another issue was the ipad vibrating even when playing on low volume. it was uncomfortable, but the more I used it, I kind of accepted it. Definitely was louder than any other ipads I used. Have ordered the midnight blue case to go with it.

Nintendo UK went crazy, took a bump to the head, whatever...

iL5888MaXuj08.JPG

SEGA 3D Fukkoku Archives (3DS) - Delighted to have this collection through, fortunately I had only purchased Out Run from the eshop up until now, so this was a doubly good deal for me.

ibhgIwp94S7b5B.JPG

iTjxB1UyNRQul.JPG

iZlO90uvBqprh.JPG

iN1LHDLH2IU5v.JPG

ijZqFye3XEZRt.JPG

iN4X0103WUJwY.JPG

iXdBYeZgb1FfB.JPG

ibj2Ej9ebpvz1z.JPG

ilMX6vHfCA93Q.JPG

iRhXAAa4FINb4.JPG

PirateByott

Neo Member
Ordered one of those 100 euro Vita Slims from Amazon Germany, came on Thursday.
Loving it, Wipeout is so much fun. Defo need a bigger memory card though....

wTptCod.jpg

qDyp0Fc.jpg

A fun pick-up from last night.

I attended the Sharks vs. Oilers game last night with my cousin, her fiance and my friend (cousin's sister couldn't make it last minute). Great game, great seats, great food and all-around a good time.

When we were leaving, one of the attendants gave away some stuff so I came away with some... tape. Game-used tape for hockey sticks.

vesvci

Banned
jsT8jZV.jpg

Thanks to Microsoft...I got all these goodies for $124 (+tax), including Halo: MCC and (2) other copies of KSR (not pictured).

Tq9qgH1.jpg

Thanks to Best Buy and the awesome GCU (gifted FH2 & FC4)...

tav7623

Pretty much all of my pick ups so far this month have been digital in nature with the lone exception (so far) being the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 ghz processor that I purchased to replace my existing Celeron 450 2.2 ghz processor.

Digital:
Strider (PSN/PS3)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PSN/PS3 - Pre Order)
Resident Evil 5 (PC/Steam)
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PC/Steam)
Dementium II HD (PC/Steam)
Skullgirls (PC/Steam)
Batman: Arkham Origins & Season Pass (PC/Steam)
Shadow Warrior (PC/Steam)
Metal Gear Sold V: Ground Zeroes (PS3/PSN)
Alien: Isolation (PS3/PSN)

Physical:
Bayonetta 2

This year's Christmas gifts

Benchmark results for my new CPU using RE 5's built in variable Benchmark test, considering the previous processor I had in my PC I'd say it's a big improvement.

Marceles

So many Steam games on sale, I'm trying hard to not buy everything. I'll probably be back in here with a lot more purchases.

4eAX8Tp.png

10365891_10153420274514972_7742510451487078611_n.jpg

I traded off my 3DS XL for a New 3DS today.

10846215_10153420280489972_5442260173627606694_n.jpg

Side by side with my Japanese Model. Mario being the Japanese Region 3DS and Luigi being the Australian region 3DS

Also two other pick ups from the week

10606079_10153420330004972_5994317664505239645_n.jpg

The Simpsons Season 17

and

10857853_10153420330044972_2088179385487153144_n.jpg

A Totoro Decal for my Macbook Air

Top Bottom