• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mr. B

wodKol.jpg

Finally picking up another atomic purple GBC. Trading in my original was probably one of my biggest gaming related regrets.

86Sk6l.jpg

Bayonetta was only $9 on Amazon. It only took a month to deliver because Amazon was out of stock.

kiryogi

Banned
My goodies from this year's tax return:

2011return.png

Had to pick up the BSG set after watching all of it for the first time. Such a great series! Also picked up Senjou no Valkyria 3, first time playing a game in 2 weeks since I started watching BSG haha. And finally more board games! I can't help myself D:

FStop7

Banned
I never buy printed books any more, it's all e-books. So buying a couple of printed art books feels like some sort of special occasion.

books.jpg

Solune

kiryogi said:
My goodies from this year's tax return:

Had to pick up the BSG set after watching all of it for the first time. Such a great series! Also picked up Senjou no Valkyria 3, first time playing a game in 2 weeks since I started watching BSG haha. And finally more board games! I can't help myself D:

Damn, all I have is MvC3 on my mind and instantly changed that Ticket to Ride Europe to Take you for a Ride even though it's not even remotely close.

milkham

I decided to find out what all this rangefinder hype is about.

5430625238_8a0bce067a_z.jpg

Also received a Google CR-48 laptop, I didn't even know they were still sending them out

5426735657_ca29cc03e1_z.jpg

filipe

milkham said:
Also received a Google CR-48 laptop, I didn't even know they were still sending them out

5426735657_ca29cc03e1_z.jpg

I never understood, those laptops have to be sent back at the end of the "beta"/trial, right? Or is Google that awesome?

FOOTE

CoachKevin said:
Another shipment of NES games came, along with a console and a new 72 pin adapter. Have another 30 games showing up today.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/331/1030256.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I swear, you're going to cause me to make some unscheduled purchases if you continue to post that stuff.

It's awesome. Keep it up if you can!

G_Berry

Banned
Smokey said:
IMAG0216.jpg

Hope the new controller is as good as I've been hearing.

I bought one just before Black Ops came out. About 4 or so weeks in, clicking in the left thumbstick did nothing. Couldn't take it back to EB as it had been over a month.

Guess I can use it for MK and MvC3 when they come out... or as a paper weight.

Microshaft can suck my balls.

filipe

G_Berry said:
I bought one just before Black Ops came out. About 4 or so weeks in, clicking in the left thumbstick did nothing. Couldn't take it back to EB as it had been over a month.

Guess I can use it for MK and MvC3 when they come out... or as a paper weight.

Microshaft can suck my balls.

Microsoft has always been great about their controllers. Call them about it.

seady

jaekwon15 said:
i found this online for only 30 dollars! that is ridiculously cheap. :)

zeldadouble.jpg

Weird.. I never seen the game packaged this way.
Only seen the Zelda bonus disc by itself.

One more arrival from today, one of the new Naruto Uniqlo shirts. Think this could be my favourite of the anime/game Uniqlo shirts I own and am now tempted to buy a couple more Naruto ones.

DSC00230.jpg

February's a good month for me...

New amp :
ta15jazz.jpg

The cat's not so new... she's somewhat leary of any new musical device I bring into the house... everybody's a critic...

New pedal board :
ptmini1.jpg

Everything in this shot but the Soul Preacher and the Budda Wah are new acquisitions...

New GBA Micro :
GBAFami.jpg

my third, because I always wanted the Famicom Anniversary Edition...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
practice02 said:
I think it was a gamestop exclusive of it a friend of mine had it like that.
I had pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop to get the extra disc, so I guess some of the shipments had a combo? Mine was separate, but it could be different elsewhere

Yet even more NES stuff. Another console and 40ish more games. Took about 30 minute to clean them all. Got about 50 more coming in the next day or two before I cut it off. Just needed a starting point before the yard sales and flea markets this summer. Should have about 230 unique games.

photo1yk.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
img_0325.jpg

Thanks to some jerks on GAF, I was convinced to buy Ridge Racer 7. I got some points cards so I can buy the DLC music, because Ridge Racer music is awesome.

Carnby

seady said:
Weird.. I never seen the game packaged this way.
Only seen the Zelda bonus disc by itself.

InfiniteNine said:
Yeah, mine came with the regular game and OoT/Master Quest in it's own case.

LiK said:
ditto, what mutant is that?

This version of Windwaker was bundled with gamecube consoles and was a Walmart exclusive. this is according to Wikipedia.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
CoachKevin said:
Yet even more NES stuff. Another console and 40ish more games. Took about 30 minute to clean them all. Got about 50 more coming in the next day or two before I cut it off. Just needed a starting point before the yard sales and flea markets this summer. Should have about 230 unique games.

photo1yk.jpg
I recommended you clean the game pins with q-tips/alcohol, too (though at the rate you're collecting, that might take awhile!). This will ensure that every game boots with zero fuss. (even a new pin connector won't completely do that) The "broken down NES" problem is actually 99% a dirty pins problem. It also means that the pin connector in the NES won't get dirty either.

Most other systems I'm not nearly so careful about cleaning... but it's so worth it when every NES game boots like a dream in 2011... People thought their NES/games had "broken" going back to the early 90s!

BocoDragon said:
I recommended you clean the game pins with q-tips/alcohol, too (though at the rate you're collecting, that might take awhile!). This will ensure that every game boots with zero fuss. (even a new pin connector won't completely do that) The "broken down NES" problem is actually 99% a dirty pins problem. It also means that the pin connector in the NES won't get dirty either.

Most other systems I'm not nearly so careful about cleaning... but it's so worth it when every NES game boots like a dream in 2011... People thought their NES/games had "broken" going back to the early 90s!
Way ahead of you sir. I have done that. My connectors are as shiny and golden as they day they were manufactured.

Even opened some up to really get the job done.

New work phone (left=old boat anchor) and my first smartphone, what an upgrade. Loving it but wondering what the best apps are. Been checking out Crackberry but I just got it yesterday and mainly updated it and got my outlook up and running.

gQsfe.jpg

9QnOt.jpg

Fuck yeah BruceLeeRoy :)

Kobiekun

Finally got a hold of a working NES to Famicom adapter.

Why not go with an American top loader? The top loading NES doesn't support composite video output without modding, and we all know how finicky the zero insertion force original NES can be, so I bought an AV Famicom last year.

NEStoFamicomConverter.jpg

NEStoFamicomConverterInAction.jpg

Rubius

Signed Super Meat Boy Soundtrack , I really love the Power of the Meat song. Its really catchy !
Dante Inferno and Folklore, both 20 $ in Walmart. Good deal.
Little Big Planet GOTY, pretty cheap.
And Magicka because of Steam sales and saw some gameplay who looked cool :)

LiK

careksims said:
Yeah. I never watched the series LOL I just like character designs and of course her being based on Hatsune Miku.

i got the Blu but haven't watched it yet. i like the chara designs too. ^^

Top Bottom