• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Smokey

G_Berry said:
I bought one just before Black Ops came out. About 4 or so weeks in, clicking in the left thumbstick did nothing. Couldn't take it back to EB as it had been over a month.

Guess I can use it for MK and MvC3 when they come out... or as a paper weight.

Microshaft can suck my balls.

Did you try calling MS? I've been using it and it feels great. Happy with the purchase so far (or as much as one can be after having it for 2 days).

Verizon iPhone. I thought this day would never come...

N9Zh5.jpg

tTHWE.jpg

And this doesn't really count as a pick-up... I actually won this from Giant Bomb!

qlXZH.jpg

JEKKI

Blablurn said:
some things i bought in the last days..

21u1d.jpg
ahhhh I want one of those shirts!!!

sing it together!! haaa!

la la la la laaaa la la la la laaaa la la la la la la la la

ba-da-ba-da-ba-da-ba-da Big Bang!

hey JEKKI!

let's do it brah! go go go!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
CoachKevin said:
Way ahead of you sir. I have done that. My connectors are as shiny and golden as they day they were manufactured.

Even opened some up to really get the job done.
Perfect! I love that you're living the NES dream in 2011... Last year was a big NES year for me personally :D My collection ballooned from 10 titles to 80 (although it looks like you're leapfrogging me there!) Still, I found em all in the wild, so it was a long and exciting journey!

SuperJ said:
Why not go with an American top loader? The top loading NES doesn't support composite video output without modding, and we all know how finicky the zero insertion force original NES can be, so I bought an AV Famicom last year.

I applaud you for having the BEST Famicom/NES available. I have an AV Fami, and I love it.

Although I will say, for the record, toaster NES's aren't that finicky, contrary to popular belief. Just two things: First, get a new, more firm 72 pin connector if yours is worn (the new one likely won't wear, though it's not so "zero force" anymore :p). Second, I said to CoachKevin above, clean every game as they come into your collection, and a toaster NES will boot first time, every time.

Of course with your setup you only need one console hooked up, which is awesome. I wouldn't mind a NES adapter either, just for full compatibility. I just thought I'd mention it to others who might be interested in NES.

Kobiekun

BocoDragon said:
Although I will say, for the record, toaster NES's aren't that finicky, contrary to popular belief. Just two things: First, get a new, more firm 72 pin connector if yours is worn (the new one likely won't wear, though it's not so "zero force" anymore :p). Second, I said to CoachKevin above, clean every game as they come into your collection, and a toaster NES will boot first time, every time.

I've got nothing but love for my original NES. She's got a brand new 72 pin connector and the difference is night and day compared to how bad it was in the old days. I didn't mean to sound like I was being down on it or anything. =) I'll never part with either of them.

I rarely buy stuff off Rakuten.com's auction section but I couldn't resist last night. I ended up buying a sealed copy of Samba De Amigo ver.2000 . I've been wanting my own copy ever since it was released back in 2000.

Anyhow, the plastic wrapper had SAMPLE stuck onto it but after unwrapping it, it seems to be just a regular pressed copy.

The only difference I can notice is its missing a spine card and it has Not for sale Sample printed on the inner ring of the disc. I am fairly sure not many of these "copies" are floating around in the wild and I probably made a Dreamcast collector cry by cracking her out of her factory wrapping. But hey, what's the fun of owning games if you don't play them?

I am so glad I picked up a second spare set of maracas a few months ago. Now if I can play with my wife in the love-love mode/mini games.

It was a pretty cheap pickup too. I paid 500yen after shipping. With this purchase, my Dreamcast collection is nearly complete!

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

BocoDragon said:
Perfect! I love that you're living the NES dream in 2011... Last year was a big NES year for me personally :D My collection ballooned from 10 titles to 80 (although it looks like you're leapfrogging me there!) Still, I found em all in the wild, so it was a long and exciting journey!

Just reliving some of my childhood. Born in 1986, I missed out on owning titles like Castlevania III, Metroid, etc. I am trying to retrain myself to be more patient.

I think I am at about 200 unique games, or at least will once all the shipments come in.

The biggest pain is having to buy batteries to replace the dead ones in Zelda 1, 2, Crystalis (never played before!), etc.

Also for some reason I really want to play all of the Tengen games after hearing the tengen Retronauts podcast.

Edit: I will post a pic of all the games later today, also I think this would be a great time for a GAF plays NES thread... wink-wink nudge-nundge.

Spookie

Feb11.jpg

(Shitty camera phone sorry)

- Locke & Key 2, I saw this on a previous pick up and grabbed the first vol some time ago and loved it.
- Leon
- Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Blu Ray)
- Clerks II (why the hell is this out of print in the UK?)
- Clerks Collectors Edition

Spookie said:
Feb11.jpg

(Shitty camera phone sorry)

- Locke & Key 2, I saw this on a previous pick up and grabbed the first vol some time ago and loved it.
- Leon
- Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Blu Ray)
- Clerks II (why the hell is this out of print in the UK?)
- Clerks Collectors Edition

The clerks steelbook? not available in US correct?

Rimshot

As it seems to have come up in discussion I just wanted to share how the launch day copy of the game looked like here in Sweden. :)

Edit: Sorry for the size :S

ickSIW.jpg

Danoss

Got the camera hardware on Wednesday. The Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home camera bag and Industry Disgrace camera strap turned up this morning.

ie54tK.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally worked up the courage to buy this thing.

img_0326.jpg

img_0328.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics. I have an iphone, which, as you all know, is an iphone. I think I've explained myself adequately.

Anyway, this was a blind buy for me. I hope I like it, but if not... well, the thing seems to have a pretty damn good market going for it right now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sengoku Musou 3Z (PS3) (AKA Samurai Warriors 3+XL Expansion)
2OaRTl.jpg

Feels good having this game running at 60FPS. It plays a lot smoother, and although there are some frame rate drops here and there, it isn't as bad as Musou Orochi Z's were so far. The game also got a nice visual boost from the Wii version. It looks really nice now.

seady said:
Weird.. I never seen the game packaged this way.
Only seen the Zelda bonus disc by itself.
When I had the gold version at launch in the UK it was just like that gold case, but all over. the n64 games were on a 2nd disk next to the main game, was real cool.

..I played the n64 games more then WW and then sold it :S, I have an excuse though! I only played about 1h of the n64 games at a friends house and never owned an n64 myself at the time, so they were a new great experience for me.

Danny Dudekisser

Suburban_Nooblet said:
Where do I get this $400 blu ray? I don't want it, but I need it.

Ebay. It was only being sold in limited quantities on Rightstuf and Bandai's shop. But last time I checked, the price was like... double.

And it's 8 discs. There's 8 movies, which vary in length from like an hour to two hours...

isny

napkin dispenser
Diablohead said:
wow, how many discs/episodes?

8 discs and a book.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-g...isc-box-blu-ray/1023131143-0-0-0-en/info.html

If this was something released here, it would probably have a $99.99 MSRP. Unfortunately though DVD's and Blu have always been terribly overpriced in Japan.

Chacranajxy said:
Ebay. It was only being sold in limited quantities on Rightstuf and Bandai's shop. But last time I checked, the price was like... double.

And it's 8 discs. There's 8 movies, which vary in length from like an hour to two hours...

Amazon.co.jp still has it for $400.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0040QE5NI/

Danny Dudekisser

oh yeah, forgot there were still some copies on Amazon Japan.

It was funny -- a couple days ago, there were a few marketplace listings on Amazon.jp that were asking approx. $1300 for the set.

Bii

Chacranajxy said:
Sorry for the crappy pics. I have an iphone, which, as you all know, is an iphone. I think I've explained myself adequately.

Looks like you have the 3GS; the camera does suck. Here's a picture I took with my iPhone 4:

5435373920_04479d2885_b.jpg

Can't wait to see how the camera will be on the iPhone 5. Of course, the "money" was burned shortly after I had taken this photo.

eXistor

Wow, I felt like an explorer finding a treasure yesterday. I was browsing this random second hand store and found Tombi 1 (or Tomba in the US) for PSone for a whopping €2,-. Needless to say I took it home immediately. Unfortunately no booklet, but for €2,- who cares. I'll post pictures of my haul when I get a new pc, that's the reason I haven't been posting anything lately, but there's enough to be posted.

Top Bottom