• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

I was wondering why the pick-up thread was dead, I forgot it was February now, anyway.

The first PS2 ever made (revision wise):

DAKCwh6.jpg

SShAjpn.jpg

The last PS2 ever made (revision wise - note internal PSU):

DKIe8Qw.jpg

0NUK20D.jpg

VahkIXm.jpg

Ironic that the one that was made more recently is in much much worse condition.

In fact, this SCPH-10000 is in better condition than my four other PlayStation 2 (not including these two).

Motorola Moto G (16GB). Was getting tired of bloat on my HTC One, not to mention the chronic lack of decent battery life. Trying out something simpler just to see how it goes. Very strong reviews for this one, not to mention that it recently had an update for KitKat, so it's hardly a slouch. White panel was free with the phone, turquoise was an ebay find.
idRbWx2lK2ePl.jpg

A couple of magazines. The Paperboy cover for Retrogamer tickles my nostalgia spidey senses nicely.
ibpkIctbLDj5St.jpg

Yeah... this thing. So it's suddenly discounted in the UK quite heavily (£20), saw it instore at the supermarket (Tesco, if you must know) and like an idiot I bought it. I'll do the PS4 upgrade, it's mainly for thrills and spills with a couple of friends... a pretty paper-thin justification for buying it, I'm sure you'll agree! #PartOfTheProblem
isNlcY3nEsghF.jpg

Snagged this first batch of games from one seller, I literally bought them a minute after he posted them on ebay, all for the buy it now prices. Totaled to $275 shipped to my door :) Can't believe the deal I got on these.

Also grabbed a copy of Money Puzzle Exchanger, also off ebay quickly after it was listed. $92 shipped :)

Simzyy

I think I'm done for the month so here is my haul. Some real crappy photos incoming.

VlJWNvIl.jpg

BenQ 24" Monitor. Been using a 21" TV I brought in 2011 as a monitor, decided to change that.

kOhUJkHl.jpg

I've been massively dismissive of The Last of Us so finally decided to see what the hype is all about. I'm expecting to dislike it :p

Steam pickups:
c9fjyYQl.jpg

Can't wait!

kaUfqyCl.jpg

lolmark

Snagged this first batch of games from one seller, I literally bought them a minute after he posted them on ebay, all for the buy it now prices. Totaled to $275 shipped to my door :) Can't believe the deal I got on these.

http://minus.com/i/b1hziU1ngfrBx]]http://i.minus.com/jb1hziU1ngfrBx.jpg

Also grabbed a copy of Money Puzzle Exchanger, also off ebay quickly after it was listed. $92 shipped :)

http://minus.com/i/bgkEx8sgfEI73]http://i.minus.com/jbgkEx8sgfEI73.jpg
Oh man, this is such a good score. I would love to have a copy of Street Hoop.

Yes Boss!

There's like a trillion third party sellers on Amazon selling it for $30, new, and they offer Prime shipping.

That longer cord should be really nice, and the white looks fantastic.

Saw that. But did not know if they were legit. Fake Gamecube controllers are everywhere. Good to know!

Btw, I view itvas a Wii controller!

New additions to my personal library

Queen & Country
2014-02-0718.07.09prej3.jpg

These were sitting in my amazon cart (saved for later) for like 3 years now.

The Planetary Omnibus
2014-02-0718.04.35bqfo6.jpg

Thick enough to probably stop a bullet...

DTJAAAAM

My Bravely Default CE came in from Amazon. Corner had a tear and some minor dents, but Amazon gave me a $10 credit so I can live with that!

6dJH0Ft.jpg

Ugh. Is it really so hard to correctly package CE items for Amazon?

I'd have asked for a replacement. $10 is nothing in comparison to a damaged CE item, IMO.

Ecto311

I'd have asked for a replacement. $10 is nothing in comparison to a damaged CE item, IMO.

They resent me a day one edition of Dead rising 3 when I got mine it was all mushed in the side. This I wonder if they had a replacement to send since it is limited edition.

LostAnkh

IKEA Furniture
dDoH2Jwl.jpg

- 2x Detolf Glass Cabinets (black-brown)
- Galant desk (white)
- Billy bookshelf (white)
- Brimnes nightstand (white) *not pictured*

Reminds me of my copies of SMT IV and The Last Story.

I'm actually okay with pre-ordering from GS, since it's 5 mins away from my house.

meppi

You can say Money Idol Exchanger, it doesn't make you sound any less manly. ;)

Try to find a copy of Puzzle de Pon or Puzzle de Pon R.
They are somewhat Puzzle Bobble clones, but I love them a bit more than the originals.
Strikers 1945 Plus is terrific as well.
Twinkle Star Sprites probably goes for a bit too much money unless the prices came down drastically over the past years.

AmyS

Had a Walmart gift card I hadn't used, so the other day I was in the Supercenter across the street from Gurnee Mills here in northern Illinois. Needed something new to play.

Right then in the store it just hit me that I had never played an Assassin's Creed game last gen on either 360 or PS3.

So....

QwEyKNY.jpg

I payed almost no attention to the news previews, reviews, discussions etc for ACIV Black Flag for any platform. Browsed the PlayStation Store to see a fair amount of DLC content and was blown away by the trailers of the core game itself. Looks pretty awesome.

So since I'm new to the series what does GAF consider to be the best Assassin's Creed game of last gen?

Loxley

Had a Walmart gift card I hadn't used, so the other day I was in the Supercenter across the street from Gurnee Mills here in northern Illinois. Needed something new to play.

Right then in the store it just hit me that I had never played an Assassin's Creed game last gen on either 360 or PS3.

So....

QwEyKNY.jpg

I payed almost no attention to the news previews, reviews, discussions etc for ACIV Black Flag for any platform. Browsed the PlayStation Store to see a fair amount of DLC content and was blown away by the trailers of the core game itself. Looks pretty awesome.

So since I'm new to the series what does GAF consider to be the best Assassin's Creed game of last gen?

Either Assassin's Creed 2 or it's follow-up - Brotherhood.

jcutner

Would appreciate some impressions/screenshots. Like build quality, sound, and what you've tried them with.

Build quality seems good, they're quite comfortable. There's 2 settings for audio when you turn it on - 1 or 2. In the manual, it says 2 is the Bass Boost setting (which I prefer) but apparently this can be overridden by the custom audio for certain games that support it. So far, I've only tried it on my PS3 - haven't tried it on the PS4 yet. Will take some pictures shortly.

Here are a few thing I got over the last weeks:
Great Single malt (Glen Garioch 12yo) and rum (Diplomatico)
DSC00120_2.jpg

Comic books (Daredevil - Born Again & Gotham Central Vol. 1 for sale at my LCS, Hawkeye #16 and Hellboy Library Edition Vol.1 from my awesome fiancee <3 )
DSC00121_2.jpg

And a new camera (Sony RX100) because my Panasonic G3 felt too big for having with you all the time. This piece of hardware is truly awesome!
DSC00124_2.jpg

Hope you enjoy your RX100, I've had my RX100 II for a few months and love it.

So far it's pretty awesome. It can do everything my G3 + Vario X PZ 14 - 42 did but in a way smaller package. Looking forward to capture our trip to the lavender blossom in the Provence during late June this year.

Top Bottom