• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

US kit looks nice. I'd get ours (England's) if it was actually any good. Couldn't be much more boring if you tried.

I have both USA kits as well as the England away. Tbh, I like the hidden details in both England kits. The satin strip on the shoulders for the home one and the subtle detail here on the away kit. One has to look very closely too see it:

Xena

US kit looks nice. I'd get ours (England's) if it was actually any good. Couldn't be much more boring if you tried.

I only liked the US's away shirt though, I thought the home shirt too "plain."

I gotta say though Germany's home shirt looks the coolest.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
havnt posted my stuff in a while didnt buy much the past 2 months

NES: After Burner, Clash at Demonhead
afterclash_zps15e0900f.jpg

Intellivision: Dracula
dracula_zps33353dc4.jpg

Genesis: Valis 3, Shadow Blasters
valisblasters_zps4f74f4df.jpg

Genesis:predator 2, Justice League Task Force
predatorleague_zps757666e9.jpg

bro1

Banned
Just finalized my gaming PC.

Qnix 1440P monitor
Corsair 540 Case
3570K @ 4.2ghz
EVGA Classified GTX 780ti
SSDs, HDD, etc

I went in to get a better setting on my camera since I couldn't see it in the sun and when I was back outside he was gone. No tracks or anything. Went outside the fence in the weeds and nothing.

Well, it's leaving under your house know. Waiting for you to break your ankle just so he can get ya.

I couldn't live in a country where animals like this are just chilling in my backyard.

Got a package from my friends in Japan! New Lime Green Vita, some soundtracks and teh Famicom Remix book:

The Lime Green Vita is slick:

A closer look at the soundtracks:

And some random cheap games on sale or form ebay:

illusionary

My first time posting in these threads but I'm keen to start doing so more regularly; now seems as good a time to start as any. These are from the past few weeks:

Neogafpickups11052014_zpsa6926a67.jpg

I was introduced to House of Cards (somewhat late, I know) about a week or so ago - from the first few episodes, it's clear to me why it's getting the attention that it is! I'm now trying to convince myself to drop the ~£27 that pre-ordering season 2 would cost me.

Resistance was just £1 (pre-owned) from GAME, so I picked that up just to complete the trilogy in my collection.

Not pictured: Metroid Fusion on the Wii U Virtual Console and Terraria as it's currently discounted on Steam.

Smokey

I went in to get a better setting on my camera since I couldn't see it in the sun and when I was back outside he was gone. No tracks or anything. Went outside the fence in the weeds and nothing.

This would've made it 10x worse for me ;_;

The Pulse Elites were on a locked peg at Walmart with a sticker for $19.96. One call to the assistant manager got the price adjusted LOL
xbsPWw4.jpg

god, i hate when that shit happens at the store i work at. a few days ago, someone took some of the numbers off a price sign and the store sold a $2(or 3)48 tv for $48.

Where did you get the ps4 charging dock? Does it need an adapter to work in the states? Also... I love the bases for your consoles... where can I find those?

I've bought the Charging Station at the German Homepage of Sony. I don't know if you need an adapter or just exchange the AC Powercord.

The Dockingstation is a Vogels Twistdock for PS3 (http://www.vogels.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=twistdock&dir=asc&order=sort_order), but the PS4 fits just fine.

Is this charging station that much better than the ones that are available locally? I see people getting them here all the time and I don't understand why.

Don't know if the Sony Charger does a better job in recharging your Controller, but the one from Sony is the only one in Germany that uses the plug next to the Headphone jack instead of the USB Port in the Front of the Controller.

ref

Qnix 1440P monitor
Corsair 540 Case
3570K @ 4.2ghz
SSDs, HDD, etc

Grats man, nice setup and that case is fine as hell.

I've had HAF-X for a couple years but I tire of it's... 'aggressive' design, I want something a little more classy looking and Corsair always manages to attract me to it's cases. The 800D series look so nice but I heard they are quite poor for air cooling, which is a shame. I'm curious how that case is for air cooling though, at this point I think I'd sacrifice a couple degrees difference in temperature for a more non-aggressive looking case.

Monooboe

photo_2014_05_12_12_34_24_by_monooboe-d7i2dw2.jpg

Ok so I finally got Dark Souls 2. I do realize though that I have to learn to love Boss Fights, I've hated them with passion in all other games, I even played DS1 with a friend and could always hand over the controller when I got too frustrated.XD

god, i hate when that shit happens at the store i work at. a few days ago, someone took some of the numbers off a price sign and the store sold a $2(or 3)48 tv for $48.

So store in the US don't have the right to say "Look, this is a mistake, it costs this and that. Pay it or leave" ? Damn there must be a pretty big loophole if that's the case.
Hell I'd just remove the price tags of everything I want and pay like 100 bucks for a TV, a XBone, a truckload of games and stuff like that.

Qnix 1440P monitor
Corsair 540 Case
3570K @ 4.2ghz
SSDs, HDD, etc

photo4_zps07240226.jpg
Nice build (I really like the case)!

As far as what I got, right now it is just digital Kirby: Triple Deluxe and a physical Mario Golf: World Tour. I ordered some DVD's on Amazon, so perhaps when they arrive will I post my whole stash for the month. I am saving money for MomoCon merch.

So store in the US don't have the right to say "Look, this is a mistake, it costs this and that. Pay it or leave" ? Damn there must be a pretty big loophole if that's the case.
Hell I'd just remove the price tags of everything I want and pay like 100 bucks for a TV, a XBone, a truckload of games and stuff like that.

No.
http://consumerreports.org/cro/shop...-rights/the-savvy-shopper-consumer-rights.htm

There's no law saying they have to honor it, the price listed is simply an 'offer'. No price is set until you've actually paid money and received the product for that money. You can see that all the time for online pricing errors where it is completely legal to cancel the order and refund the money if the error is caught before the item is shipped.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/smart-spending/do-stores-have-honor-price-flubs

The only reason a store will honor a mistaken price is to keep their customers happy.

(There may be particular states where they are obligated to honor the listed price, that is beyond the knowledge.)

Most stores will do it to keep customers happy. In the case of the headphones, those are usually locked in place with those plastic product locks so it would have had to have been an employee that did it, so in those cases they are more likely to eat the cost.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They have every right to refuse it.

Most stores have the name of the product listed directly over the price it applies to on every flag they print. If the description on the tag is clearly for something else, any manager with half a backbone should say 'fuck off' every time.

But in a case where the description is something general like "PS3 headset" and there's a PS3 headset on the peg (a secured peg that only an employee could have placed a product on, no less), yeah, that one's gonna be pretty hard to wiggle out of.

Cheddahz

Banned
Bought a copy from Gamestop and it wouldn't work, so I returned it and ended up finding a copy on eBay for pretty cheap

BncwhTCIcAA6qyE.jpg

Westraid

datpsp_zps8628f43a.png

Purchased a second hand PSP in excellent condition. Been wanting one for a while, and so far I'm really happy with it.
Went to the store and picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which I'm enjoying a lot so far.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
datpsp_zps8628f43a.png

Purchased a second hand PSP in excellent condition. Been wanting one for a while, and so far I'm really happy with it.
Wowzers, and I thought the special edition PS4s we've seen so far were lazy.

"Hey Dave, what should we do for the special Gran Turismo PSP?"
"Eh, jeez, I dunno... well... we've got this itty-bitty little stamp of the GT logo and a pile of standard systems..."

andylsun

Child of Light soundtrack just arrived.

Bit disappointed it's just a cardboard case, but still nice to have a physical copy

cNojj14l.jpg

Ca4o3spl.jpg

neto

Today its my birthday and decided to give myself a WiiU, the wonderful 101, and nintendoland and the koopa troopa plush was a gift from my sister
8jbsjVA.jpg

Kilrathi

Honor cords, honors tassel, Athletics Honor society medal, ended up with 14 awards in under grad (13 from the college, some repeat years, and one from GDC) waiting for final grades to come in but look like im going to have a 3.85ish final GPA (its in a "Game" degree, eh off to grad school while I wait for VR to hit, I been working on that the last year at undergrad)
20140512_173839.jpg

Equestrian Pickups
half chaps
20140512_174037.jpg

paddock boots
20140512_174421.jpg

Gaming
20140512_174558.jpg

JPS Kai

No.
http://consumerreports.org/cro/shop...-rights/the-savvy-shopper-consumer-rights.htm

There's no law saying they have to honor it, the price listed is simply an 'offer'. No price is set until you've actually paid money and received the product for that money. You can see that all the time for online pricing errors where it is completely legal to cancel the order and refund the money if the error is caught before the item is shipped.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/smart-spending/do-stores-have-honor-price-flubs

The only reason a store will honor a mistaken price is to keep their customers happy.

(There may be particular states where they are obligated to honor the listed price, that is beyond the knowledge.)

To follow up on what Wormdundee, there are some stores that got in big trouble over prices that were ringing up incorrectly. Target and Sears/Kmart are the two big ones I can think of. Because of Sears/Kmart's mistakes (I want to say California but someone can correct me if I'm wrong), they have to put up signs across the store talking about their 'Price Accuracy Pledge'. I know of very few associates that know of this pledge from the two years I spent managing a department but signs for it are plastered across the store as well as on the electronic scanners throughout the Sears I was employed with.

"Sears guarantees the accuracy of its pricing. If the electronically-scanned price of a product is higher than the posted or advertised price, Sears will charge the lower price for the product or refund the difference between the electronically scanned price and the posted or advertised price of the product.
Sears will also do the following:
if the item is priced at $5 or less, Sears will give it to you free
if the item is priced between $5 and $100, Sears will reduce the price by $5.
if the item is priced over $100, Sears will reduce the price by 5%."

Drain You

Qnix 1440P monitor
Corsair 540 Case
3570K @ 4.2ghz
SSDs, HDD, etc

That case is amazing, definitely going to look into it. I's got a classy look while also still looking like a gaming computer.

Got three Gamecubes coming in and I can't wait to post once they arrive. One from Japan, one from the Netherlands, and one from the U.K. :)

EdreyV

Neo Member

Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality. Just some more stuff to add to my SMT collection.

SMT Devil Summoner Special Edition
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 1
Digital Devil Saga 1/2
SMT if...
Flight of the Conchords season 1 and 2
Place Beyond the Pines blu ray steel book

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today its my birthday and decided to give myself a WiiU, the wonderful 101, and nintendoland and the koopa troopa plush was a gift from my sister
8jbsjVA.jpg
Jealous!!!

Top Bottom