• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

thenexus6

Finally got around to upgrading my shooting rig:

BXnnnAG.jpg

Included:
- Canon 6D
- 24-105 F4L lens
- 50mm F1.4 (not pictured)
- Redrock Micro "Captain Stubling" rig

q5UXfHz.gif

dodgeme

Was roaming though Best Buy and had a sudden urge to buy a 27" monitor so I left with this. Just 1080p but I wanted something bigger, my next monitor will be an ultrawide once they come down in price a little bit.

Also had a taste for some rum so I bought some rum.

anderedna

1ziSp91.jpg

keep it clean folks
Wow, it needs to be censored like that? I thought, in general, gamer are against censorship.

Didn't know to look it up until you mentioned that, but seriously? After reading about it on wikipedia how can you not feel embarrassed to own such a game?
I enjoyed card game as it's fun to play and there are not many of them in console space(Thanks Konami). Didn't care for other stuff. Also, should people embarrassed for owning DOA and the likes. I believe those games are much worse than this.

Does it matter? The game itself is pretty fun, yes the theme is a bit strange and erotic in nature. People tend to enjoy different things, do we need to feel embarrassed for enjoying other things than others do?

Mandatory :p
wp_20150507_002e4qd0.jpg
:)

Hello. I thought I would share my pick-ups from the last short while. I added quite a lot to my Wii U game collection (up to 27 titles now!) and I finally was able to buy some amiibos. I'm not sure if I'll try to collect them all, but I sure do like them a lot.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great month. I enjoy seeing what you all have picked up, as well. Cheers!

OfrqHbd.jpg

5yb9cu5.jpg

SeWw3h0.jpg

NEO0MJ

Might as well, it's been an expensive month.

17310735082_9a54e410f1_o.jpg

Z-Knight model kit. I have a few kits still unbuilt but this looks so good.

17003344830_bdbfa767c0_o.jpg

New watch! I've been in desperate need of a new watch for some time and this looked so nice.

17105137517_d8a26af241_o.jpg

Picked up half of Pluto. Hope it's as good as I hear it is.

NeoFaff

Q: What do you get if you put together Twilight, Bloodborne and its OST? :p
ONMNy25.jpg

A: Proper CE:
MCQmB4I.jpg

Shot of the spines after I took them off:
Be very careful. Seriously - 1 bend and it's over. (I threw away the twilight garbage)
A5XOkOwl.jpg

Greyvvolf

Two new records, both EPs. Run the Jewels - "Bust No Moves" and The Mary Janes/Married with Sea Monsters - "Face It Tiger".

Picked up the new Jordan V online last weekend. This was a horrible picture that I took to see the 3M but the midnight navy is a lot more vibrant in person.

zmet

SNES Power Supply from Retro Game Cave

Works great and runs much cooler than the original SNES power supply. I see no loss in picture/sound quality after doing an a/b comparison with the original SNES power supply. Both comparison were done using an SD2SNES cart. I'll definitely be picking up another.

SNES/SFC Extension Cables

Got them for use with those short as shit SFC controllers.

From a Whisper to a Scream, Little Man Tate, and Hollywood Shuffle

The Andromeda Strain and Splice

Mad Max, Duel, and Goodfellas

The 4k scan on the Goodfellas blu-ray is awesome! I can't say that I like the new color timing though.

Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers: The Complete TV Series

Arcade Disc in Jaleco -Action-, Street Fighter Zero 3 OST, and Genso Suikoden OST

Used Monster PS2/PS3 component cable

Got this as a backup cable for my Japanese PS2

Sweet Ambrosia

img_0001dwu28.jpg

I practically live off Skyr whenever I'm in Iceland but can never get any back home... until now (it just started to be distributed here in the last month). I will personally see to it that any and all stock at the local supermarket will be frequently depleted.

TheMoon

Sweet Ambrosia

img_0001dwu28.jpg

I practically live off Skyr whenever I'm in Iceland but can never get any back home... until now (it just started to be distributed here in the last month). I will personally see to it that any and all stock at the local supermarket will be frequently depleted.

I hope the package designer(s) got a raise. Looks amazing. Would buy.

To say it was a busy month would be an understatement. 10,800 miles flown in less than 30 days, most of it for work...
Some highlights with some pickups, not all.

Feel like it's been a million years since I've posted

Sorry for the enormous pics, on my phone in between projects

ghyka4W.jpg

pB1wQMh.jpg

Worlds best whiskey of 2014 with ice balls. Many bottles were brought back to the states.

58mFARD.jpg

Okinawa aquarium. Third largest in the world

sJ6EZ8O.jpg

GAF tax paid
38JrMz0.jpg

Bottom shelf whiskey

SBiOB93.jpg

Makes your face a little numb. Habu Sake

vhVAYA2.jpg

Mid month pickup his and hers

Far left. The 360. First track day. It was rainy. Bad call on my part

6sdkQ69.jpg

Pennywise

Adopt me please.

How is japanese whiskey ?
I can't get it anywhere here, just the usual suspects and I was always pretty curious.

etta

my hard graphic balls
720 is a bigger number than 660. The 720 should be more than enough.

Uh, yea, the GT720 is kind of low end. Not sure if you'll be able to even run 1080p/30 at low, to be honest. The better cards are not that much more expensive, though.

It is meant as a HTPC card at best, and now that I have seen its specifications, I don't think it will even do 720p/30 at all low settings. Do you have a console?

bobawesome

My replacement copy of The Garden of Sinners came in today and I figured this would be a good chance of getting both in a screenshot before sending one away.
CDyiDS4.jpg

Adopt me please.

I can't get it anywhere here, just the usual suspects and I was always pretty curious.

Hand down holds its own. I've had tons of whiskey but the yamazaki blows everything out the water. It's smooth and velvety.

Wish I could adopt you but the tax break isn't big enough 😆

Will M

Q: What do you get if you put together Twilight, Bloodborne and its OST? :p

A: Proper CE:
MCQmB4I.jpg

Shot of the spines after I took them off:
Be very careful. Seriously - 1 bend and it's over. (I threw away the twilight garbage)
A5XOkOwl.jpg

Took me a minute to figure out what you were doing. You're the Martha Stewart of video games.

Faustek

Adopt me please.

oh it's very good indeed. I for one was so surprised that it was so good.
Been only drinking Belgian beer, Irish and Scottish whiskey since I found most of the alternatives dreadfully boring in taste and quality I did not give it much thought when the club decided to host a tasting just specifically for Japanese and Chinese.

Really, I had to admit to myself that I was to narrow minded(Man I wish I had come to that realisation a decade prior), soured by some bad examples and judged the distilleries as a whole. The Suntory Yamazaki in that picture is really good. At first I thought it might have been to sweet but the flowery taste and it's lightness grew on me and was definitely something I bought again, even though my elitism nearly took over when I saw it was "just 12" years old. Remember, narrow minded.
I would also like to recommend the Hakushu single malt(also just a babby) A Perfect smoky whisky for beginners, I think, it was smoky but mild enough so that my partner at the time didn't feel like killing themselves ^^

But they had one whisky, a holy grail, well above anything Ardbog(Ardbeg), Well above the normal Lagavuli but a few steps below the Octomore. And it drives me crazy that no one can remember it's name, and the "moon runes" as my friends called it was so complexed that no one bothered to try and remember it, the stroke count was insane, but the servers where really careful with this clay pot and barely even served us a cl worth as it was just for taste.

All I can remember is it's taste, it was really smoky but not in the tarry way, just a sliver of sweetness ran in the background, perhaps cherry, a kinda thick fragrance that stayed in the air and even overpowered the old man sweat, heavily peated perhaps. But no one of us can remember it's name. Not even sure if it was something old or new, if it was just a test or something. Man I really need to suck it up and go talk to the wicked witch and see if she is willing to share the connections she used to get them here.

And now I'm in the mode for some real mescal for some stupid reason. 2 Gusanos worth.

Sorry to bug but the snake whiskey/vine, have you ever tried importing it? Bringing it yourself that is. I have always lost them in the toll :/ Sometimes I get it, but never the ones with snakes -.-

Hello. I thought I would share my pick-ups from the last short while. I added quite a lot to my Wii U game collection (up to 27 titles now!) and I finally was able to buy some amiibos. I'm not sure if I'll try to collect them all, but I sure do like them a lot.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great month. I enjoy seeing what you all have picked up, as well. Cheers!

OfrqHbd.jpg

5yb9cu5.jpg

SeWw3h0.jpg

Nice! :)

Ban Puncher

pB1wQMh.jpg

Worlds best whiskey of 2014 with ice balls. Many bottles were brought back to the states.

The Yamazaki 12 Years is a fantastic whisky. It's my regular go to. You should try Suntory's Hibiki range if you enjoy blends.

I finished a bottle of Taketsuru 17 Years from Nikka recently that I received as a gift. It was very nice.

Top Bottom