• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Fantasy Final said:
2 Dragon Scale and 1 Dawn Stone?
Sorry only 1 per item.

For those who want to trade back and forth, sure no problem.

I updated the post on what's left of items.

Also it'll probably take some days before I all of these trades can be done, so be patience :D

Bii

Metroid Killer said:
Metroid Killer's big evolution-inducing item giveaway!!!
metalc.png
Metal Coat: 4
Onix -> Steelix (trade)
Scyther -> Scizor (trade)

Can I get one Metal Coat if it's still available? I doubt I have any Pokemon you'd want since I'm only 15 hours in.

Edit: My Friend Code - 5027 6772 6313

Metroid Killer said:
Sorry only 1 per item.

For those who want to trade back and forth, sure no problem.

I updated the post on what's left of items.

Also I'll probably take some days before I all of these trades can be done, so be patience :D
Shiny Stone?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Abra doesn't learn any moves from levelling, right? I'm keeping it in my pokewalker so I can level him up and then give him some TMs.

The best thing you can do is to evolve that Abra, since no, he does not learn any moves from leveling, and when you have a Kadabra, evolve it to Alakazam since they both learn the same moves at the same levels.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I already have an Alakazam I got in a trade.
I just like Abra because he's cute. ^_^

I have no intentions of like Tournament play or anything, is it still completely stupid to roll with just an Abra?

Kurtofan

I just caught the Red Gyarados with one super ball!
My team consists of :
lv28 Bayleef
lv 28 Golem
lv 28 Alakazam
lv 26 Noctowl
lv 27 Flaafy
and a tentacool for some HMs.

Veitsev

Jtwo said:
Hmm, I already have an Alakazam I got in a trade.
I just like Abra because he's cute. ^_^

I have no intentions of like Tournament play or anything, is it still completely stupid to roll with just an Abra?

Yes

Merovin

I don't know if anyone has noticed a similar pattern on Voltorb Flip, but whenever it drops me down so many levels, the numbers revealed on the board in the current game when you lose and it drops you, their total is the level you get dropped too. I think anyway.

Michan

If you just so happen to not be using it, could you be so kind as to donate your Club Nintendo code for HeartGold to me, pretty please?

leroidys

Sorry I haven't been following this game, but I'm looking to maybe pick it up at the best buy sale.

Is it any quicker than diamond/pearl? That game was unbearably slow for me.

Eteric Rice

Uh, why aren't the legendary dogs showing up on my map anymore? I didn't want to catch them anytime soon, but that has me nervous now...

WHERE ARE THEY!?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
You guys wanna know the best feeling in pokemon?

Sweeping an ou team on shoddy with bellyzard. no residual damage + priority attack win will ever be as satisfying as punching an entire team in the face with charizard.

upandaway

Eteric Rice said:
Uh, why aren't the legendary dogs showing up on my map anymore? I didn't want to catch them anytime soon, but that has me nervous now...

WHERE ARE THEY!?
You sure? Through the Poketch? I was sure I saw them last I looked (granted, that was about a couple days ago).

jdogmoney

FootNinja said:
You guys wanna know the best feeling in pokemon?

Sweeping an ou team on shoddy with bellyzard. no residual damage + priority attack win will ever be as satisfying as punching an entire team in the face with charizard.

screen6-300x223.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Merovin said:
I don't know if anyone has noticed a similar pattern on Voltorb Flip, but whenever it drops me down so many levels, the numbers revealed on the board in the current game when you lose and it drops you, their total is the level you get dropped too. I think anyway.
Yep, that's how it works. If you did not reveal a number of cards equal to or greater than your current level, you get dropped down to the level that is equal to the number you DID successfully turn over.

So, if you're on level 5, and you turn over two numbers then hit a bomb, you drop to level 2.

I just finished building my team.

Spr_3e_155.gif
Cyndaquil
Spr_3e_016.gif
Pidgey
Spr_3e_179.gif
Mareep
Spr_3e_228.gif
Houndour
Spr_3e_116.gif
Horsea

Can use every HM out there so I'm ready. Still 1 spot left, I'll maybe go with a Bug of Grass type.

Jtwo said:

No it's not stupid at all, you should just use whichever Pokemon you like. Hell, on my original copy of Gold I used a Togepi as my main Pokemon for the entire game (200+ hours) and never evolved it, because it was my favourite.

Fantasy Final said:
I just finished building my team.

Can use every HM out there so I'm ready. Still 1 spot left, I'll maybe go with a Bug of Grass type.

You might want to ditch Pidgey. It's really awful in this game. No Wing Attack until level 37, and by that time Wing Attack is a weak move.

Merovin

Obsessed said:
You might want to ditch Pidgey. It's really awful in this game. No Wing Attack until level 37, and by that time Wing Attack is a weak move.

The second I saw on serebii that Wing Attack wasn't until level 37, Pidgey got boxed. Lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Azure Phoenix said:
No it's not stupid at all, you should just use whichever Pokemon you like. Hell, on my original copy of Gold I used a Togepi as my main Pokemon for the entire game (200+ hours) and never evolved it, because it was my favourite.
Well, the difference being that togepi actually learns a bunch of moves (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/175.shtml), while abra literally learns NOTHING besides teleport as far as I know, unless you burn move tutor/TMs on him. :(

jdogmoney said:
So is there any point to the move Endure beyond making me waste another PP whilst training up my Growlithe in the Icy Path?
Funny you should mention growlithe -- it learns reversal. I don't know what the max power is, but it gets super powerful when the user has less HP. The idea being that you first endure, then use reversal, and if you happen to go first with reversal before you die then you do lots of damage.

OMG Aero

jdogmoney said:
So is there any point to the move Endure beyond making me waste another PP whilst training up my Growlithe in the Icy Path?
You can use endure to set up reversal or flail as a powerful move. I remember a few times in Platinum getting team members killed in one hit by Endure -> Reversal Houndooms.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Focus Sash and Endure + Quick Attack + Pokemon of Low level also works.

Kusagari

Leveling Ampharos is sucking balls right now. The best place to train is Victory Road where thunder moves are practically worthless.

jdogmoney

OMG Aero said:
You can use endure to set up reversal or flail as a powerful move. I remember a few times in Platinum getting team members killed in one hit by Endure -> Reversal Houndooms.

Makes sense, I guess. Good thing my Growlithe shall know Extreme speed! ^_^

Kusagari said:
Leveling Ampharos is sucking balls right now. The best place to train is Victory Road where thunder moves are practically worthless.

Can't you just surf around in water near or in the cave?

upandaway

I was thinking of using this Vaporeon:
Holding Leftovers
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Surf
- Toxic

Thing is, Aqua Ring and Leftovers pretty much mean I can use Substitute once every two turns. I wanted make sure I'm not exploiting anything, and it seemed weird, so I checked Smogon and apparently it's not illegal?

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Si I was thinking about buying Platinum or Heartgold once I finish ruby.

I was reading that Platinum allows you to transfer your Ruby team. Is this also the case for heartgold?

After losing my GBC Gold team to a dead battery....id like to pass on by ruby team.

notsol337

marked forever
jamesinclair said:
Si I was thinking about buying Platinum or Heartgold once I finish ruby.

I was reading that Platinum allows you to transfer your Ruby team. Is this also the case for heartgold?

After losing my GBC Gold team to a dead battery....id like to pass on by ruby team.

I got a Mew at an event in my mall on my Red cart, and I carried him all the way to Crystal and in the process leveled him all the way up to 100.

The battery in my Crystal cart is the only one that did not hold up and he is gone.

I'm a sadface.

upandaway said:
Holding Leftovers
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Surf
- Toxic

Thing is, Aqua Ring and Leftovers pretty much mean I can use Substitute once every two turns. I wanted make sure I'm not exploiting anything, and it seemed weird, so I checked Smogon and apparently it's not illegal?

Nope. It is perfectly legal. Illegal movesets are only those that cannot be obtained ingame without the use of a cheating device.

Wiseblade

upandaway said:
Holding Leftovers
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Surf
- Toxic

That aqua ring only lasts five turns, and gives your opponent a free turn so set up. Wish and Protect/substitute generally does the same thing better and can even help the rest of your party.

EDIT: Hmm, I could have sworn it only lasts five turns... regardless, Wish remains the superior option outside of Baton Pass teams.

upandaway

Obsessed said:
Nope. It is perfectly legal. Illegal movesets are only those that cannot be obtained ingame without the use of a cheating device.
Yeah I don't know, it's just weird. I guess I'm not comfortable using it. It's so easy to stall out.

If I wasn't gonna use Rest and Sleep Talk on my Machamp, I would use it on Vaporeon, but looks like I'm gonna use this moveset.

Edit: Aw what?! It didn't say 5 turns! Abort! Abort!!

Wiseblade said:
That aqua ring only lasts five turns, and gives your opponent a free turn so set up. Wish and Protect/substitute generally does the same thing better and can even help the rest of your party.

It lasts until you switch out... you are thinking of something else.

upandaway said:
Yeah I don't know, it's just weird. I guess I'm not comfortable using it. It's so easy to stall out.

If I wasn't gonna use Rest and Sleep Talk on my Machamp, I would use it on Vaporeon, but looks like I'm gonna use this moveset.

Edit: Aw what?! It didn't say 5 turns! Abort! Abort!!

Don't listen to him. I am positive it lasts until you switch out. A Milotic in the Battle Factory stalled me for well over 5 turns with Aqua Ring/Leftovers.

And yes, ingame that moveset is rather broken as enemies will rarely take the time to use stat up moves.

Wizpig

Should I put event Pichu (the one to - eventually - get Spiky Pichu) in my team?
Is he good for the first hours?

Other than that oh man, all of my Leaf Green and Sapphire Pokémon are in Pearl, and all of my Pearl Pokémon are in Pokémon Ranch... damn.

Top Bottom