• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

AndresON777

shooting blanks
actually I think I have 1 win, 2 draws, and 3 losses. It's listed that I have 1 win, 3 draws, and 2 losses.

lost to tF53, jeffpm, and magicked. tied astro and shoplifter. won against strike villain

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I am just awful at scoring. I get mad shots during games, and most of the possession but I can't finish.

Very frustrating.

Still love the game though

Slizz

DenogginizerOS said:
I will be around tonight at 730EST for those who want to play. Sorry for the delay.
I will be on at 730 waiting lol. The sooner the better cause of the Heat game tonight

ATF487

Slizz said:
I will be on at 730 waiting lol. The sooner the better cause of the Heat game tonight

FUCK THE HEAT, ORIGINAL BIG 3 > BIG "ME". Actually they really need a proper nickname because that doesn't look as clever in writing

I'll be on around then too, Denog

Slizz

ATF487 said:
FUCK THE HEAT, ORIGINAL BIG 3 > BIG "ME". Actually they really need a proper nickname because that doesn't look as clever in writing

I'll be on around then too, Denog

Lemme go first lol.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
PLaying two people back to back who use semi-assisted in one game and then manual in another is jarring. I would prefer we stick to one. Fucking annoying.

ATF487

DenogginizerOS said:
PLaying two people back to back who use semi-assisted in one game and then manual in another is jarring. I would prefer we stick to one. Fucking annoying.

Do you wanna do a rematch? I thought the game defaulted to what I use, which is semi for passing and manual for crosses

DenogginizerOS

ATF487 said:
Do you wanna do a rematch? I thought the game defaulted to what I use, which is semi
Nah. It is just difficult to adjust to when there isn't any kind of standard. I have spent the first few matches learning Manual and both of these games tonight were an exercise in frustration as far as passing. I could not get anything going and it just pissed me off.

ATF487

Yeah manual takes awhile to get comfortable with...I can sometimes play the ball well with manual but half the time it's inaccurate, so I tried to compromise with manual crossing/through balls and semi for normal passes, because then you won't give the ball away in midfield so often, you'll just give it away in the final third :lol

Maybe if we do a relegation/promotion league we could set the standard at manual everything to level the playing field
__

atf487 v. DenogginizerOS
FC Copenhagen 1 - 0 Atletico Miniero

'45 - N'Doye (COP)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
koji maybe we can bang this out later tonight thats what she said
Nah. It is just difficult to adjust to when there isn't any kind of standard. I have spent the first few matches learning Manual and both of these games tonight were an exercise in frustration as far as passing. I could not get anything going and it just pissed me off.
if i was in a match and i could tell it was forced manual i would quit instantly. no offense but semi is for weirdos and i ain't playin that shit :lol

sneaky77

DenogginizerOS said:

I don't see the difficulty in letting you choose whatever scheme works better for you, as long as is not automatic... I use semi passing, shooting and crossing, manual thru balls and lobbed, then again I keep the same scheme in all game modes so I use it on ranked games and maybe I am just used to it by now..

I have nothing against an all manual league if thats what people want..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man i can't stand 1v1 anymore. all the goals are just off broken-ass shit. 95% are either from a defender passing it to a forward or a bad gk clearance (that covers both in our game :lol) i just don't like the feel of it, not even motivated to try to string together some nice offense because the passing is so terrible why bother

oh well back to clubs!

k0ji-wd

1899 Hoffenheim (k0ji-wd) 2 vs. 0 PAOK (AstroLad)

Goalscorer:
Ba
Ba

Scored a nice outside the box goal but Astro quit at the rematch screen so I couldn't save the replays :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
oh didnt know that messed things up i thought i just had to click through the replays

ah well gotta head to bed now sry

k0ji-wd

that's two great goals you've denied me now Astro i will take my vengeance!!!!

(ur cleaning the club kits from now on)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
that's two great goals you've denied me now Astro i will take my vengeance!!!!

(ur cleaning the club kits from now on)
:lol yeah that was a really nice shot too -- i didn't do it on purpose i swear!

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
gg man i can't stand 1v1 anymore. all the goals are just off broken-ass shit. 95% are either from a defender passing it to a forward or a bad gk clearance (that covers both in our game :lol) i just don't like the feel of it, not even motivated to try to string together some nice offense because the passing is so terrible why bother

oh well back to clubs!

really? I mean it happens, but I think this year is also much better than previous versions in allowing build up plays

k0ji-wd

sneaky, u should probably add a hard rule to force the home team who sets up the match to select 'Semi-Assisted' as control type so we don't get some manual/semi or whatever hybrid. this has also happened to me in the league and it's a bit jarring, yeah.

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
sneaky, u should probably add a hard rule to force the home team who sets up the match to select 'Semi-Assisted' as control type so we don't get some manual/semi or whatever hybrid. this has also happened to me in the league and it's a bit jarring, yeah.

Whats jarring about it? I am just curious, my controls are mixed between manual and semi.. so I guess I just don't notice it when I am playing other people.. so I am trying to figured out what the issue is with this.

k0ji-wd

well ur opponent can pick to force 'manual' controls in the game and not tell u. u start the game prepared for semi-assisted play, and then have to readjust yourself for manual. . .its more difficult then it sounds and it's not like switching from manual to auto (especially shooting)

also, people can know how to play semi but have no idea on manual, they shouldn't be forced to play manual if this isn't a manual league. so in my case i can play decent on manual settings, i should just practise on manual and then force it on my opponent to gain an unfair advantage.

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
well ur opponent can pick to force 'manual' controls in the game and not tell u. u start the game prepared for semi-assisted play, and then have to readjust yourself for manual. . .its more difficult then it sounds and it's not like switching from manual to auto (especially shooting)

also, people can know how to play semi but have no idea on manual, they shouldn't be forced to play manual if this isn't a manual league. so in my case i can play decent on manual settings, i should just practise on manual and then force it on my opponent to gain an unfair advantage.

yeah, the game settings should be left to any controls. I don't know why people are forcing the controls.
If someone tries to force manual feel free to exit and message him and restart the match

I thought you guys said that if I have a mix on my controls between semi and manual that is unfair against someone using all semi.. didn't realize you guys were talking about players forcing controls on someone else.

For clarification:
CONTROL SETTINGS IN THE MATCH SHOULD BE LEFT FOR ANY.
NO AUTOMATIC CONTROLS ARE ALLOWED IN THE LEAGUE.
ANY MIX OF SEMI AND MANUAL IS FINE.

IF THIS IS TOO CONFUSING WE CAN JUST SET THE MATCH CONTROLS TO SEMI.

Tf53

Astro and SmokingBarrelX, when's a good time for you guys to play?

We have new rules in play to ensure both me and the wife getting enough sleep with the baby around, so I can't play between 3pm EST and 11pm EST.

I've forced semi in all the games I've hosted, is that a problem for some people?

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
I've forced semi in all the games I've hosted, is that a problem for some people?

I have some of my controls set to manual, so I am not sure how much that would change that.. just make sure to ask your opponents before playing

Slizz

I got my game in with Denogginizer OS yesterday but Livewire hasn't been posting in here for a while I sent him a PM and no response. So I still have one game left before this new weeks of games....

Slizz

sneaky77 said:
slizz, when is it good for you to play? I should be home tonight after 930pm EST
I think I can do that, I won't know till later in the day but I'll post in here before then.

DenogginizerOS

I am confused about how the settings work. Last night for my home game it was requested that I make things semi-auto for our settings. I complied. However, what I got in return was jarring even though I won. All I am asking is that we standardize it because if I am playing Away and someone prefers semi-, then I am left in a situation where I feel I am at a disadvantage. Both games for me last night were semi and I felt like the passing was not under my complete control and it killed me on several plays. Granted, I haven't played much of late, but when you see an open guy and the required touch to get the pass to him does not happen the way it has in previous games, it can be disruptive, especially when you are playing 7 minute halfs.

I am not trying to start a mutiny, but I would like for everyone to consider one control scheme and we stick to it.

sneaky77

DenogginizerOS said:
I am confused about how the settings work. Last night it was requested that I make things semi-auto for our settings. I complied. However, what I got in return was jarring. All I am asking is that we standardize it because if I am playing Away and someone prefers semi-, then I am left in a situation where I feel I am at a disadvantage. Both games for me last night were semi and I felt like the passing was not under my complete control and it killed me on several plays. Granted, I haven't played much of late, but when you see an open guy and the required touch to get the pass to him does not happen the way it has in previous games, it can be disruptive, especially when you are playing 7 minute halfs.

I am not trying to start a mutiny, but I would like for everyone to consider one control scheme and we stick to it.

Control should be set to any, so people that prefer to play manual can do so. The only rule is no automatic controls and passing assistance off.

edit: if everyone wants to decide on setting controls to semi and sticking to that, thats ok by me.. so chime in with your preference people of the world.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sneaky77 said:
really? I mean it happens, but I think this year is also much better than previous versions in allowing build up plays
yeah it's quite possible that i just haven't put the hours into 1v1. think i've only played 2 games other than league matches (so 6 total). everything else has been dedicated to boosting and clubs :lol

i agree with the semi setting requirement btw.

tf- i'm usually good after 9 est weekdays, saturday 10-3pm, sunday. i may be home during the day today though too.

Magicked

DenogginizerOS said:
I am confused about how the settings work. Last night for my home game it was requested that I make things semi-auto for our settings. I complied. However, what I got in return was jarring even though I won. All I am asking is that we standardize it because if I am playing Away and someone prefers semi-, then I am left in a situation where I feel I am at a disadvantage. Both games for me last night were semi and I felt like the passing was not under my complete control and it killed me on several plays. Granted, I haven't played much of late, but when you see an open guy and the required touch to get the pass to him does not happen the way it has in previous games, it can be disruptive, especially when you are playing 7 minute halfs.

Are you sure you're controls aren't set to assisted normally? It seems like if semi is forced and it feels jarring to you that might be the reason. Not trying to knock you or anything, just wondering if this is what happened.

Magicked

striKeVillain! said:
Koji - let's get this game in later today. I'll be back from work around 5:30PM ET. I'll be looking for you.

We can play our week 4 match tonight if you want.

Also, slizz, I'll be around pretty much any time this week.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
i'm down for semi but I like using manual on through passses and lobs. Any would be best but then that would open the door for people to pick auto shooting. Guess we could go by the honor code.

tse and sneaky we can play any time this week after 7-8 eastern. probably wont play tonight since i'll be watching tv, though i'll be logged in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AndresON777 said:
i'm down for semi but I like using manual on through passses and lobs. Any would be best but then that would open the door for people to pick auto shooting. Guess we could go by the honor code.

tse and sneaky we can play any time this week after 7-8 eastern. probably wont play tonight since i'll be watching tv, though i'll be logged in.
that's what we've always done but it always leads to "i dunno man i think x was using auto sure felt like it" and then you have the fact that some people just by nature aren't that diligent and could simply miss the requirement

DenogginizerOS

Magicked said:
Are you sure you're controls aren't set to assisted normally? It seems like if semi is forced and it feels jarring to you that might be the reason. Not trying to knock you or anything, just wondering if this is what happened.
I am positive that my settings were at manual prior to last night's games. However, I switched them to semi for my home game because it was requested. I was not expecting it to be so jarring.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
there should be a requirement for "semi-auto or less" it's too bad there isnt
Are you home at the moment? If so, for how long? I might be able to hop online in an hour or so.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
that's what we've always done but it always leads to "i dunno man i think x was using auto sure felt like it" and then you have the fact that some people just by nature aren't that diligent and could simply miss the requirement

well semi is cool then. what happens with the through passes and lobs though? i think you can only pick assisted or manual on those right?

i really dont mind i'm getting owned all over the pitch any way.

shoplifter

jeffpm said:
shoplifter,
when do you guys want to get our matches in?

I should be able to play both of my matches tonight after 9pm, once my son is in bed.

livewire - let me know if this works for you.

DenogginizerOS

I actually prefer manual in as many areas as possible. I felt the semi last night was less fun as the earlier games I have played with things on manual.

Top Bottom