• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

SC Braga (Home - ShallNoiseUpon) - Botafogo (Away - Sneaky77)
0 - 2

44' G. Herrera - Botafogo
90' S. Abreu (Pen) -Botafogo

Having played one game in the past week, I was incredibly rusty and playing Sneaky didn't help a bit. Got a bit frustrated in the 90th and may or may not have slide tackled an attacker in the box.

GG.

k0ji-wd

JUST A REMINDER TO THE LAZY ASSES THAT THERE WILL BE A END OF SEASON HIGHLIGHTS PACKAGE SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE COMPLETELY ABSENT FROM IT, PLEASE START SAVING/UPLOADING YOUR GOALS!

(we also don't want TF to take up 60% of the video)

k0ji-wd said:
JUST A REMINDER TO THE LAZY ASSES THAT THERE WILL BE A END OF SEASON HIGHLIGHTS PACKAGE SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE COMPLETELY ABSENT FROM IT, PLEASE START SAVING/UPLOADING YOUR GOALS!

When I score a goal, it will be uploaded. lol

Tf53

k0ji-wd said:
Screw you guys. You know that by bringing up my superior goal difference, you will unleash the wrath of FIFA gods on me, and I won't score in my remaining games, right?

ATF487

atf487 v. SmokingBarrelX
FC Copenhagen 1 - 0 Trabzonspor

57' N'Doye (COP)

Interesting game, I was playing pretty shittily and SmokingBarrelX dominated possession for the majority of the game. Luckily I strung some good passes together and converted on what was, at the time, the only real chance of the game that I had. I might have to start playing a different style than "press early, sit back in the final third" because my opponents in the past two games were unlucky to score

ATF487 said:
atf487 v. SmokingBarrelX
FC Copenhagen 1 - 0 Trabzonspor

57' N'Doye (COP)

Interesting game, I was playing pretty shittily and SmokingBarrelX dominated possession for the majority of the game. Luckily I strung some good passes together and converted on what was, at the time, the only real chance of the game that I had. I might have to start playing a different style than "press early, sit back in the final third" because my opponents in the past two games were unlucky to score

I've been unlucky all week. It just continued when I played you though, lol.

ATF487

DenogginizerOS said:
Slizz and ATF,

What are good times for you today or tomorrow or early next week?

today between 4-8, tomorrow 1-4 or any time after 7 because there are so many games I want to watch (old firm at 8am, liverpool at 10, pats at 4pm)

and week days, usually anytime after 7:00pm. all times in EST

Magicked

Alright I'm back in town (a day early no less). I'll be available for games today and tomorrow just about any time, and during the week in the evening (probably 6:30+).

Magicked

I should know not to play games when hungry. I can't keep my hands steady and I just fuck up constantly. :lol

GG tf53. You should have scored more than one. I fucking sucked it up.

Tf53

Dinamo Moscow (Tf53) - River Plate (magicked) 1-0

70' Kuranyi

It was a really tight-fought game. Magicked had wisely started 10 goal posts and a goalkeeper, which kept the score tight despite the shot count being 16-1 in my favor. When Kuranyi was finally faced with an empty net, he almost screwed that up too. I told you not to bring the wrath of the FIFA gods upon me, Koji!

Magicked

Tf53 said:
Dinamo Moscow (Tf53) - River Plate (magicked) 1-0

70' Kuranyi

It was a really tight-fought game. Magicked had wisely started 10 goal posts and a goalkeeper, which kept the score tight despite the shot count being 16-1 in my favor. When Kuranyi was finally faced with an empty net, he almost screwed that up too. I told you not to bring the wrath of the FIFA gods upon me, Koji!

:lol

These are powerful allies. I almost escaped our battle unscathed!

You're really good at anticipating which direction I'm going to cut when I get the ball. You're also really good at controlling your dribbles, even without skill moves. GGs.

Tf53

Magicked said:
:lol

These are powerful allies. I almost escaped our battle unscathed!

You're really good at anticipating which direction I'm going to cut when I get the ball. You're also really good at controlling your dribbles, even without skill moves. GGs.
FIFA pretty much comes down to a game of rock, paper and scissors.

The noobs play really predictably. The players on the next level learn to use that to their advantage. The players on the next level do the opposite of what you think. The players on the level after that anticipate that you'll do the opposite of what you think they think. This leads to noobs being able to use elementary tactics to beat people on a higher level of skill.

The ultimate challenge is changing your game depending on the skill level of your opponent. WC2010 did wonders for my patience, and I learned to pass the ball one touch earlier or later than you'd think.

Anticipating cuts can either make defending really easy or hurt you really bad, depending on whether your opponent knows how to exploit your anticipation.

sneaky77

Leading the scoring table

105140_news.jpg

shoplifter

Magicked said:
shoplifter, I'll be around all day as well. You might be going to the Crew game though, so perhaps later tonight?
Ha, yeah. Getting ready to head to Hooligans shortly. I can play both of you tonight after 9pm.

I think I do a good job on defense for the most part. I'm very patient and use jockeying constantly. It is all about position. I played a kid the other day who thought that I was fouling him and not getting called for it. lol Beat him 5-0

Slizz

Denog I sent you a friend request about 3 days ago. Lemme know when you wanna play I can't play tonight but during the week I can play whenever times.

shoplifter

Twente 0 - 0 river Plate

Replays forthcoming.

Sorry about the lag.

Wife: hay I'm going to upload a crap ton of pictures to facebook.

Me: um...I'm playing fifa?

Her: oh too bad.

Slizz

Livewire I can't friend you, your friends list is full. Denogginizer OS accept my friend request and lets play.

sneaky77

There are still 5 games left to be played.. remember, wednesday night at midnight is the deadline.

If you need to make arrangements to play games late, please post it here.

shoplifter

With the new youngin' coming *very* soon, I want to get my next week's matches in ASAP. Unfortunately Thursday night is right out due to the Crew playoff match. :lol

Top Bottom