• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

k0ji-wd

AndresON777 said:
Animals, Shall, and koji I'm usually on cod now but ill send y'all FRs

damn posting on gaf from this phone is tuff. shoud prolly ditch opera.

r u mental, ur going to send me a FR? we've only been playing each other since fifa 09 :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol yes I'm mental but I'm typing on this pos sony phone (lol sony I never learn). dude I know. thanks jeff at least replying is much easier!

sneaky77

My idea is to get the next league going the week after thanksgiving, so lets try to get all these games done by then. Anyone seen shoplifter around?

sneaky77

Magicked and Strike, when is it good for you guys? I can do tomorrow, and then saturday night after 9, then tuesday is my next good day

ATF487

sneaky77 said:
Anyone seen shoplifter around?

I sent him a message on Live but didn't get a response, don't think he's read the thread in a week either

edit: forgot he just had a kid :lol

Slizz

Tf53 said:
Yo sneaky, I've already played against shoplifter. Is there a mistake in my final week?
When would you like to play sir? All I have during the week is class in the AM's (EST) and pretty much available all day till it starts getting late. Same with you k0ji.

k0ji-wd

Tf53 said:
Yo sneaky, I've already played against shoplifter. Is there a mistake in my final week?
yeah I think u and I are the only ones that haven't played athens so u should play them

sneaky77

Tf53 said:

No, I think that happened cause I took teams on the bye week and changed Atl. Mineiro's games with them... but that was before St. Etienne quit.

Tf53

Slizz said:
When would you like to play sir? All I have during the week is class in the AM's (EST) and pretty much available all day till it starts getting late. Same with you k0ji.
I'm available on weekdays from around noon to 3pm EST and then after 11pm EST until about 2am EST. Anything before noon is also negotiable.

sneaky77 said:
No, I think that happened cause I took teams on the bye week and changed Atl. Mineiro's games with them... but that was before St. Etienne quit.
There's definitely something iffy about the scheduling. I've played Boca Juniors twice, and the only teams I'm yet to play are Athens and København.

Slizz

Tf53 said:
I'm available on weekdays from around noon to 3pm EST and then after 11pm EST until about 2am EST. Anything before noon is also negotiable.

Is like 12 or 12:30 good for you today?

Tf53

Slizz said:
Is like 12 or 12:30 good for you today?
Most likely 12:30 is money, but it depends on whether my daughter wants to go to bed or not. I'll let you know the situation around noon EST.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
There's definitely something iffy about the scheduling. I've played Boca Juniors twice, and the only teams I'm yet to play are Athens and København.

I'll take a quick look, but I believe that's what happened. I did the schedule on an online randomizer so all teams would play each other, unfortunately people quitting mid season fucks things up.

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
I'll take a quick look, but I believe that's what happened. I did the schedule on an online randomizer so all teams would play each other, unfortunately people quitting mid season fucks things up.
You could just build a matrix and insert all the results from the games played so far. You'd easily see which teams haven't met yet.

Edit: If you're pressed for time, I could do that this evening.

Slizz

sneaky77 said:
It did a good job getting the Top 3 teams to play each other in the the last few weeks to decide who takes the title lol.

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
Magicked and Strike, when is it good for you guys? I can do tomorrow, and then saturday night after 9, then tuesday is my next good day

Let's play tonight at 9 (or 9:30 if that's better for you).

I'm waiting on shoplifter for my week 5 game. It sounds like he's having a harder time getting away from the new kid than he thought he would. :)

Also, atf487 and ShallNoiseUpon, when do you want to play? I'm available any evening during the week, and pretty much anytime on the weekend except Saturday night.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
You could just build a matrix and insert all the results from the games played so far. You'd easily see which teams haven't met yet.

Edit: If you're pressed for time, I could do that this evening.

I have a spreadsheet with all games and results in it, you should have played everyone by the end, you may just have an extra game against someone because of the Atl. Mineiro thing.. maybe 2 cause I took the bye team from the last 5 or 6 games and replaced Atl Mineiro with the bye team but then St. Etienne also quit, so that fucked up that idea lol.

Magicked said:

I should be home by then or close

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
Well I played Magicked twice already.

yes, thats going to happen cause of the people quitting changing the schedule so no one would have a bye, and then someone else quit again.. but you play everyone at least once, so is cool.

ATF487

Magicked said:

I'm waiting on shoplifter for my week 5 game. It sounds like he's having a harder time getting away from the new kid than he thought he would. :)

Also, atf487 and ShallNoiseUpon, when do you want to play? I'm available any evening during the week, and pretty much anytime on the weekend except Saturday night.

I've got to get some homework done tonight but pretty much any other evening is fine. If you want to get it done early I could probably play around 8pm est tomorrow

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
I have a spreadsheet with all games and results in it, you should have played everyone by the end, you may just have an extra game against someone because of the Atl. Mineiro thing.. maybe 2 cause I took the bye team from the last 5 or 6 games and replaced Atl Mineiro with the bye team but then St. Etienne also quit, so that fucked up that idea lol.

I should be home by then or close
I think that since the season is coming down to the wire regarding the top spot, we should just remove all the results against Atl. Mineiro or St. Etienne.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
I think that since the season is coming down to the wire regarding the top spot, we should just remove all the results against Atl. Mineiro or St. Etienne.

Go Slizz and AEK Athens! \o/

sneaky77

Tf53 said:

We will have a 4 team playoff with the top 4 (sorry is easier) lol

Magicked

ATF487 said:
I've got to get some homework done tonight but pretty much any other evening is fine. If you want to get it done early I could probably play around 8pm est tomorrow

Sweet, let's do that. If you need it to be later, that's fine as well.

Slizz

Sigh, ass whooped for the first time this season.

Dinamo Moskva 5 @ AEK Athens 2

Goals:
10' Voronin
18' Kuranyi
24' Voronin
45' Dellas(AEK)
65' Voronin
72' Kuranyi
75' Lieropolus(AEK)

GG Tf53, I hope I maintain top 4 ranking so we can meet again in the playoffs. I think I performed a little better at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second so a rematch would be fun.

EDIT: Somethings up can't get all the goals(couldn't anyways cause of how many were scored) But all of Tf53's goals were pretty much him making a fool of me in the box as evidenced by the 2 that worked.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
You can't take him lightly or he'll pounce on you lol. I play more defensive now because the defender AI can be so stupid.

I like 5 star teams too because I can roll out my 4-3-3 and even if you're down you can always score like 3 goals in a couple of minutes with a messi or (mara)villa. The problem is sneaky likes the game in slow motion so he prefers 3 star teams. (jk lol)

Slizz

AndresON777 said:
You can't take him lightly or he'll pounce on you lol. I play more defensive now because the defender AI can be so stupid.

I like 5 star teams too because I can roll out my 4-3-3 and even if you're down you can always score like 3 goals in a couple of minutes with a messi or (mara)villa. The problem is sneaky likes the game in slow motion so he prefers 3 star teams. (jk lol)
I learned that the hard way with the loss. I played weak D in the beginning, picked up near the end of the half and got a score. Played good D for the first 20 min but wasn't getting enough opportunities to score and come back so I had to abandon. Also Tf53 is butter with the lead pass on manual, which is basically a non factor in my game since its so hard to gauge the power on one.

Tf53

Slizz said:
I learned that the hard way with the loss. I played weak D in the beginning, picked up near the end of the half and got a score. Played good D for the first 20 min but wasn't getting enough opportunities to score and come back so I had to abandon. Also Tf53 is butter with the lead pass on manual, which is basically a non factor in my game since its so hard to gauge the power on one.
I've even gone from using the cross button to chipped manual through pass, because I get a higher arc on the ball. :lol

Sneaky, here's my calculation on the situation as if Atletico Mineiro and ASSE never existed. I only counted the first encounter between any two teams.

XsdYe.gif

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:

The problem with 5 star teams is that even then madrid and Barca and Man U are way ahead.. 4.5 star teams may be more even, but you have Inter, Liverpool and Munich that can break the balance too easy with etoo, torres or ribery. We will switch things around as we do leagues anyway so stop yar whining

sneaky77

Thanks TF, I can use that if you guys prefer. I guess I can ignore double results, or remove them from the schedule if necessary...
Shoplifter, leave the baby cry and get ur ass over here and play some matches lol :lol

edit: can you pm me the spreadsheet?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
See that table sucks because I never got to play livewire or denog. I beat magicked fair and square the 2nd go round. I actually gave him a good rogering 4-0 which helped my goal differential. If there's going to be relegations in the league following WC this will suck.

--I was just joking about the star thing but yeah you actually proved my point about botafogo and other teams in the current league being better than scrub 3 star teams like america. the only reason that america is ranked with 3 stars is to appease the huge amount of mexican and mexican-american players that play this game. i mean look at the cover of fifa the last few years with the mexican scrubs on the cover. no offense i wish there was a colombian scrub on the cover.

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
See that table sucks because I never got to play livewire or denog. I beat magicked fair and square the 2nd go round. I actually gave him a good rogering 4-0 which helped my goal differential. If there's going to be relegations in the league following WC this will suck.

--I was just joking about the star thing but yeah you actually proved my point about botafogo and other teams in the current league being better than scrup 3 teams like america. the only reason that america is ranked with 3 stars is to appease the huge amount of mexican and mexican-american players that play this game. i mean look at the cover of fia the last few years with the mexican scrubs on the cover. no offense i wish there was a colombian scrub on the cover.

America is on par with the rest of the teams.. you're just too used to automatic controls and barcelona.. as you got used to it your results improved. :lol

Three games to play, and I am in second last. Not that I mind. I hate the defenders on my team, but I look forward to getting promoted at the end of the next league :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
sneaky77 said:
America is on par with the rest of the teams.. you're just too used to automatic controls and barcelona.. as you got used to it your results improved. :lol

dude whatever just read the individual stats for each player, sprint speed in particular. Pick Santos which is 3 stars and try Neymar out. btw i'm still not used to the fully manual thru passes which i still use online b/c it's a hassle to switch back and forth all the time. you saw how horrible i pass when we played lol

/ sore loser rant

AndresON777 said:
dude whatever just read the individual stats for each player, sprint speed in particular. Pick Santos which is 3 stars and try Neymar out. btw i'm still not used to the fully manual thru passes which i still use online b/c it's a hassle to switch back and forth all the time. you saw how horrible i pass when we played lol

/ sore loser rant

Santos has become my goto team. Be careful how you proceed. Neymar is a bad ass.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Awesome Animals said:
Santos has become my goto team. Be careful how you proceed. Neymar is a bad ass.

I can't believe he's not playing in europe yet it boggles my mind. Especially with the spending habits of madrid.

He's an absolute monster in this game, a one man army.

Magicked

I'm in for the next league as well. I suck too. :(

Nice chart, btw, TF. As Andres pointed out the only problem is that we played each other twice.

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
I can't believe he's not playing in europe yet it boggles my mind. Especially with the spending habits of madrid.

He's an absolute monster in this game, a one man army.

he's not famous enough for Madrid

Top Bottom