• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

Tf53 said:
I've even gone from using the cross button to chipped manual through pass, because I get a higher arc on the ball. :lol

Sneaky, here's my calculation on the situation as if Atletico Mineiro and ASSE never existed. I only counted the first encounter between any two teams.

http://imgur.com/XsdYe.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

HEY NOW THERE MISTER.

THOSE WERE MY ONLY FOUR POINTS

:lol

Edit: I'm home for the night if [B]shoplifter[/B], [B]magicked[/B] or [B]Andres[/B] want to game

AndresON777

shooting blanks
sneaky77 said:
he's not famous enough for Madrid

true.

ggs tse. I got that first goal and got excited. then reality hit me with a precise cross in da box. After the 2nd goal I just lost all patience and got owned. damn

Magicked

ShallNoiseUpon said:
HEY NOW THERE MISTER.

THOSE WERE MY ONLY FOUR POINTS

Edit: I'm home for the night if shoplifter, magicked or Andres want to game

Jumping on now. Ready to gain some points?! :lol

Magicked

River Plate (Magicked) 0 - 1 SC Braga (ShallNoiseUpon)

- Aguiar 82'

River sucks. I swear to fuck my players just STAND around and never move into space. I can't find a pass anywhere especially when I get into the final attacking 3rd of the pitch. I watched several times as my wingers would just stand on the half line jerking around while my players in the middle needed an outlet.

Anyway, GG SNU. I can't wait to finish this fucking season and get a new team.

Also, do you guys actually modify the tactics for your team in the editor? I can't find any good way of changing tactics so my team doesn't suck balls.

Magicked said:
River Plate (Magicked) 0 - 1 SC Braga (ShallNoiseUpon)

- Aguiar 82'

River sucks. I swear to fuck my players just STAND around and never move into space. I can't find a pass anywhere especially when I get into the final attacking 3rd of the pitch. I watched several times as my wingers would just stand on the half line jerking around while my players in the middle needed an outlet.

Also, do you guys actually modify the tactics for your team in the editor? I can't find any good way of changing tactics so my team doesn't suck balls.

Here is that goal. It was just silly to have such a good cross off the throw in.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/49200605

Magicked said:
Yea, they were 4 stars on my select screen. I haven't touched the editor either.

Huh. So they did. That is interesting. :lol

Good game(s) Andres.

SC Braga (ShallNoiseUpon v America (Andres)

0:2

11' D. Montenegro
39' V. Sanchez

Will link goals tomorrow.

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
Thanks TF, I can use that if you guys prefer. I guess I can ignore double results, or remove them from the schedule if necessary...
Shoplifter, leave the baby cry and get ur ass over here and play some matches lol :lol

edit: can you pm me the spreadsheet?
I tried to upload it to Google Docs, but there was a server error. I can update it for now and get it to you when I can.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:

I feel your pain brother. I had a breakaway with my 6'3 forward against tse and the dude is so slow I thought I had rio ferdanand at forward or some shit. I tried to knock on the ball and the mofo would not scoot.

Yeah I have some custom tactics, like three of them. Shit I forgot what they do so I don't even know what they do by now. You have to go to edit teams, set your tactics. Then I think you have to go to quick tactics and select them so you can use it in game. You have to wait until kickoff during the game and then select them with teh dpad. With formations you can pick them in the menu prior to kick off.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Awesome Animals said:
jeffpm, AndresON77, and AstroLad. Let's get our games on. I never see you on anymore AstroLad. :( jeffpm, I'm sending you a FR.

I'll be on tonight after like 8 or 9 eastern. I'll log in and out thruout the weekend too. I think Astro is out of town or something iirc.

koji did you save the goals from last night? Post the result btw. I'll take a forfeit from you if you like tho

Cardigan

Awesome Animals said:
jeffpm, AndresON77, and AstroLad. Let's get our games on. I never see you on anymore AstroLad. :( jeffpm, I'm sending you a FR.
I'll be available at 1 PM EST today for a few hours. Does that work for you?

I think Astro is at a board gaming con.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
By the way, why exactly aren't we using the in-game league?

We could.. but yeah like Andres said, it kinda sucks. Is better to keep the stats separate from the ingame tables so at that pt, I kind of trust people in this league to be honest lol. Maybe thats too much to ask for Andres.

ATF487

Tf53 said:
ATF, let's do this mayn. What times are good for you?

Edit: Google Docs version of the standings can be found here.

I might be having a busy weekend, but I could play anytime after 7:30EST on Sunday, Monday, anytime after 4EST on Tuesday, or any time at all Wednesday

also, what timezone are you?!

Tf53

ATF487 said:
I might be having a busy weekend, but I could play anytime after 7:30EST on Sunday, Monday, anytime after 4EST on Tuesday, or any time at all Wednesday

I'm GMT+2. You're in Australia, no? Are the times you mentioned AM or PM?

Magicked

ATF487 said:

Are those AM or PM?

ATF487

Tf53 said:
I'm GMT+2. You're in Australia, no? Are the times you mentioned AM or PM?

nah I'm in the US (Boston), and those times are PM.
That flag is because I thought Aus would need some representation in the world cup thread and i'm a dual citizen

let's see, GMT+2...unless you want to wake up really early, or stay up late, wednesday is probably the best

edit: Magicked are you gonna be around at 7:30pm? slight change of plans...

k0ji-wd

ATF please beat tf53 5-0 thx and then slizz, let me beat you 15-0 and i'll be crowned league champion!

(PM Paypal accounts please)

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
ATF please beat tf53 5-0 thx and then slizz, let me beat you 15-0 and i'll be crowned league champion!

(PM Paypal accounts please)

lol.. there will be a playoff with the top 4 teams.. you miss that announcement?

k0ji-wd

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT! :lol

Magicked said:
Haha, yea. That was insane.

Also, Braga moved up to 4 stars. UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!!! :p

yep, Hoffenheim went up to **** with the latest squad update, so i just reset all squads whenever i play a league game.

Slizz

AndresON777 said:
me too spill the beans yall
Lucky enough to get one in the WC South Africa thread. They were going to do this big thing and everyone who posted in the thread and pledged their allegiance to their country would get one next to their username. Then as soon as they started all these people came in and started just requesting one just to get it without caring and kept pressing and pressing. So then of course they stopped doing it because of that.

k0ji-wd

1899 Hoffenheim 2 (k0ji-wd) vs. 1 America (AndresON777)

Goalscorers
:
Esqueda
D.Ba
D.Ba

Will post goals once the EA site goes back up

Slizz

k0ji-wd said:
1899 Hoffenheim 2 (k0ji-wd) vs. 1 America (AndresON777)

Goalscorers
:
Esqueda
D.Ba
D.Ba

Will post goals once the EA site goes back up
What? I haven't seen you on live at all today. Wanna do our match?

Slizz said:
Lucky enough to get one in the WC South Africa thread. They were going to do this big thing and everyone who posted in the thread and pledged their allegiance to their country would get one next to their username. Then as soon as they started all these people came in and started just requesting one just to get it without caring and kept pressing and pressing. So then of course they stopped doing it because of that.

I posted in that thread...not even knowing about that shit.

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
I posted in that thread...not even knowing about that shit.
Yeah there were like 5 diff WC2010 related threads and when they were giving flags out it was a specific window.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
fuck it Colombia didn't make it to the world cup, Uruguay owns us, so its all good couldn't have my flag anyway. thx tho U man

Magicked

ATF487 said:
With great flags comes great responsibility

Magicked, my bad, had to run :(. we can reschedule at your convenience!

No worries. I never got your message and ended up going out anyway. We can play on Sunday if you want.

I wish we could watch other matches so we could all tune in to the playoffs.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Awesome Animals said:
Wait, there are going to be playoffs? I didn't know this was an MLS style league...

dude who's that chick in ur avatar I love spinners. anyway got time for our match? damn dead rising 2 is good got it cheap

Cardigan

Awesome Animals said:
Wait, there are going to be playoffs? I didn't know this was an MLS style league...
Yo dude I sent you a couple of messages earlier asking if you wanted to play. I'm going to be gone the rest of the week come tomorrow morning, so if you want to play tonight hit me up.

jeffpm said:
Yo dude I sent you a couple of messages earlier asking if you wanted to play. I'm going to be gone the rest of the week come tomorrow morning, so if you want to play tonight hit me up.

Shit, sorry. I'm not the only one who plays the Xbox, so it was probably my roommate. Who instead of telling me I'm getting messages, ignores them..

sneaky77

Here is my first concept for the WC, looking for opinions, we have 13 players, so I thought 3 groups of 3 teams and 1 group of 4, top 2 from each group would advance to a playoff bracket.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Trabzonspor 3 America 0

I didn't record the goals cuz i was pissed. we started off the first game and i scored 1 goal but it dc so i had to restart. i like you aa but fuck you and this bullshit

---edited

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
Awesome Animals 3 America 0

I didn't record the goals cuz i was pissed. we started off the first game and i scored 1 goal but it dc so i had to restart. i like you aa but fuck you and this bullshit

can you put his team name? thanks

jeffpm said:
Could we try to get 3 more people for a solid 16 player tourney?

We can, do you have 3 solid players that will commit? :D

k0ji-wd

AndresON777 said:

u asshole! i could've done with Animals' goals for the highlight video (since he only has 2 saved atm)

sneaky u could just try and get ragnar, younghov or visualizer from the club

AndresON777 said:

Before the d/c it was a draw sir...

And like I said, that game could have gone either way. I swear there is some sort of mentality function, and after a team gives up a goal they collapse. And also, I hit the woodwork against you about five times. And on the day I have hit the posts about 18 times. And that is a realistic estimate.

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
u asshole! i could've done with Animals' goals for the highlight video (since he only has 2 saved atm)

sneaky u could just try and get ragnar, younghov or visualizer from the club

feel free to message them if you see them online lol, I can ask them later if I see them too

Top Bottom